Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2023 10:39:26 PM EDT
looking for a way to secure my rifle setup that's quickly retrievable yet safe and secure from kids.

Will be using a suppressed sbr setup and originally really liked the budget friendly Hornady RapID AR wall safe but cant seem to find it anywhere due to being discontinued

anyone know where to locate one/something similiar?

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
looking for a way to secure my rifle setup that's quickly retrievable yet safe and secure from kids.

Will be using a suppressed sbr setup and originally really liked the budget friendly Hornady RapID AR wall safe but cant seem to find it anywhere due to being discontinued

anyone know where to locate one/something similiar?

View Quote
Amazon and sportsman's guide are showing them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What age kids are we talking about? An unloaded gun with a magazine that's out of reach of little ones is as safe to them as anything, but allows you quick access in the event of need. If they're tall enough to reach where you can, then a whole different learning process needs to take place. I'm not anti-safe, but I want my home defense gun where I can snatch it on my way out of bed. Everyone has their comfort level and what's appropriate for their situation. Not judging. I just prefer a "need it now" gun to be available now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#4]
We have several  different sizes of Vaultek safes at work, and they have been fast and reliable over the years.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I do see safes as a device for keeping little kids away from them.  Kids first need to be taught about guns and when and how to use them.  This is a difficult problem to have.  Ready to use in case you need to and then a safe for kids to be around.  I don’t have any of my kids home now.  I don’t remember much about guns with them.  That’s just me.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top