Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/12/2018 9:08:28 AM EDT
I put together an AR for a buddy yesterday, I’m not new to building, but I have an issue I just can’t figure out. The lower is a stag arms and he got an M&P lower parts kit. My buddy assembled his upper (he owns a company that builds AR’s) the BCG is an Expo arms the barrel is a bear creek arsenal. When the lower is joined to the upper the pivot pin is so tight it won’t go in by hand (for starters) once joined the bolt will only come back 3/4”. I put his upper on my lower, no issues. Put his lower on my upper, no issues. I’m at a loss, any ideas???
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
So it's only interfering with the stage lower on his upper, did I read that correctly?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
It seems to work fine on a cmmg
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I can’t see where it’s hitting to determine the problem
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
All I know to advise you to do is take a few high quality receivers and a caliper and start measuring... it would be nice if you/we had a blueprint of correct specs clearances and tolerances...TDP...

First thing I would want to check is the pin hole location.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the bolt unlocking from the extension when hand cycling with the charging handle? Are you saying that the carrier gets stuck after moving rearward 3/4'' when using the charging handle?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a tolerance stacking issue, your buddy's lower and upper are on the high end of the tolerance scale and do not fit well together.  You can try taking measurements to find where the issue is, but in the long run it may be easier just to use a different upper receiver.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven’t haven’t tried it with the bolt out of the carrier. That’s next on my list
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you ever figure out the problem?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Back the buffer tube out one turn.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top