Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2021 10:27:47 PM EDT
Hello, so my ar is double feeding two live rounds at least once a mag.  I've tired heavier springs and buffer which helped some but not totally eliminate said problem. Ive kept these changes on the rifle since the gas block is non adjustable and I havent had any empty chambers.   I have a few magpul 10 rounder mags and its made no difference.  Then today I decided to practice with my new dummy rounds.  While manually charging the bolt I noticed that every round to the left of the rifle (when shouldering or opposite ejection port) would partially unseat and point upward.  If i just touch the round a bit it would pop out very easily.  So I think this is why its double feeding while live firing, the bolt running back would probably be enough to unhinge the round then when the bolt moves forward it would strip another round hence the double feed!!  Does anyone know what is causing this or how to fix?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try a Bravo company extractor spring.
The spring comes with a black Bumper and a "O" ring.
The company claims you probably wront need the O ring.
I just install the spring and bumper.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-extractor-spring-upgrade-kit/

https://bravocompanyusa.com/cart.php?suggest=fc21c32b-11df-4281-a12d-90dff79b7959
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top