Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2018 9:53:55 PM EDT
As the title says. Im looking for a sling for my bugout AR. Im leaning more towards a paracord sling. Not 100% sure yet. Thoughts on the paracord slings? Thoughts on any sling for a shtf scenario? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Just get a VTAC padded and survive with it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Any quality sling will work.  My choice would be BFG VCAS.  Plenty of other options will work as well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any quality sling will work.  My choice would be BFG VCAS.  Plenty of other options will work as well.
View Quote
All of my ARs have this sling. Paracord slings are a stupid gimmick.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Paracord slings are a stupid gimmick.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly. Uncomfortable ridges, and when EXACTLY am I gonna need 120 ft of paracord AND even if I do, what am I gonna use for a sling afterwards?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Shit really hits the fan, you'll be rocking some twine tied to your swivels.

How is your bug out sling different than your regular sling?

Paracord? Why? Just carry a hank of paracord.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Proctor sling. Thirty bucks. Excellent sling. Done.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok so I have been looking at the sling. Whats the difference when it says nylon or metal "hardware"?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The triglide buckles and the little three-way adjuster thing that makes the adjustments on the VCAS.
They can be plastic or they can be metal. Your choice.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#10]
This is one I use and like Specter 3 Point Sling. There is the Wilderness/Giles 3 Point Sling too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#11]
3 point slings are dated.  The quick adjustable 2 point slings are the way to go.  You can still carry in the patrol position, but quickly  adjust or loosen for various shooting positions.  Quicker to adjust when using gear / cold weather clothing.  Can also quickly tighten sling and throw over the back to climb or prisoner control
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly. Uncomfortable ridges, and when EXACTLY am I gonna need 120 ft of paracord AND even if I do, what am I gonna use for a sling afterwards?
View Quote
Not to mention that it's gonna take 2 hours to take apart that fucking sling!
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I like magpul slings {wider} with QD for inside ranges.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Everyone keeps re inventing the VCAS sling, but it is still the best one out there....

I stopped looking years ago, because you cannot improve on that sling...

and yea, Paracord slings are stupid... saw a guy bring one to a 3 day carbine class... after lunch on day 1, he swapped it for a loaner VCAS sling....
In my world, that's a clue.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
This,  Magpul MS1, MS3 or MS4, depending in how you want to attach it.

All are two point configurable with one hand.  I guess if I had to have one for survival I'd pick the one with the paraclips over the one with QD swivels, but I have all the various attachment options.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

All are two point configurable with one hand.  I guess if I had to have one for survival I'd pick the one with the paraclips over the one with QD swivels, but I have all the various attachment options.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Magpul MS1 is an amazing sling!
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 3:57:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I run 100% VCAS but Magpul is an OK product too. 2 to 1 convertible.

If you want paracord keep that in your pack. Your rifle is not a place to put a bunch of bullshit. I am of the opinion that you should store NOTHING on your gun. It belongs in your pack.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a couple of Savvy Sniper slings and I like them alot. I like the way I can snug it up of loosen it up super quick. It's also very well made.
I also have the newest Magpul sling. Which is a good sling just not on par with the Savvy Sniper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know if I'm just weird or what, but I still try to use a plain leather strap sling when I can.  Just something about leather.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Most of my carbines/rifles have GI web (cotton or nylon) on them.  I use them for shooting more than carrying.  I was always one of those guys who wanted my rifle in my hands if I was moving.

I have single point slings on the AR pistols and a couple of the smaller carbines.  Just for the heck of it.  Probably none of these would be my first choice to walk away from my house with.

I have a high dollar sling on the GII.  It's okay, more complicated than the GI slings and again, probably not a rifle I'd walk away from the house for the last time with.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top