BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig lowers are nice. Hard to find though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

B/c Anderson's were significantly cheaper but nobody's gonna admit to using em.
View Quote

I'll be that guy. Used many, will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  B/c Anderson's were significantly cheaper but nobody's gonna admit to using em.

I do as well.  And Cav Arms Mk 2s, & cheap polymers, & even cast epoxy.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#4]
An in spec lower is an in spec lower. All else is vanity.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

PSA and Anderson right out the gate. Their QC wasn't the best when times were easy, it certainly hasn't gotten better under heavy market load and a rush to get products out. Others to pass on would be Radical Firearms, Diamondback, Ghost, Spike's Tactical, anything plastic, and really any name you don't promptly recognize as being a quality brand.

Ones to intentionally seek out would be Aero (especially the M4E1), BCM, SOLGW, Mega, Centurion, Primary Weapons, PRI, LMT, CMT, CMMG, FNH, Centurion, ADM, Radian, VLTOR, and KAC. There's others, but those are the ones I know and will vouch for.

Again - a lower receiver doesn't have to be expensive, it just has to be in spec. Nobody's QC is improving under the current market, good brands are maintaining the status quo, but brands that were hazy on it before are only going to get worse.
View Quote

Straight up B.S.  

I've easily built or helped friends build 60 to 80 ARs, mostly using "stripped" / "bare" Palmetto State Armory & Anderson Lowers - NEVER had a single receiver "QC" issue.  Even using so called "Blems"...  

Admittedly, I'm a sample size of 1 guy building about 70 lowers in recent years, but I haven't seen a single issue (using proper parts kits) that was actually Poor "receiver" Q.C...

I'd have ZERO qualms about building yet another 70-ish lowers on Anderson or Palmetto State Armory Lowers.   Any "issues" are much more likely to come from cheapo - chineseium super low cost "parts kits".

My own personal favorite is the Aero Precision Lowers for their rear detent retention feature, along with the tension screw to minimize play between upper & lower.  

The biggest down about Anderson is some people don't like their pony.  Odd, because another maker puts a pony on their lowers and everyone goes bonkers for it!

Anyway, good luck to you O.P. - these days the pickings are slim and the prices are high.   Glad I hit the "salad bar" hard & often back in the "salad days"...

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to know why the finish on PSA lowers looks so grainy
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like this?

Attachment Attached File

(My LMT Defender lower).  
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is a recent PSA lower:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/0-A7-A0-E6-A-1-CCA-4-E10-A37-B-88-A76009-1809948.JPG

But as already stated, they "will take care of it".
It's a weekly response in their Industry Forum.

View Quote

Thats a pisser offer!

They didn't drill the 3rd hole for your full auto FCG.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently purchased two billet receiver sets from Quentin Defense. They went together nicely and the quality appears top notch.  I haven’t had a chance to function test them yet though.  They currently have a few  different ones in stock. https://www.quentindefense.com/
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
The two I got from them last month don't.

An M16A4 clone and their stealth lower. I can post pics later after work if you'd like.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Speaking of lowers PSA has this for sale. Won't last long.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-complete-classic-stealth-lower.html
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

KE-Arms is essentially producing the Cav Arms Mk 3 as the KP-15.  Having been designed from the ground up as a polymer lower w/ integrated stock & improving on the Cav Arms/GWACS Mk 2, it's GTG.  Available from our overlords @ Brownells or KE Arms directly.
View Quote

Great lowers, at least the CavArms and Eagle ones I've owned, have two of the KE ones waiting at my FFL.  The only bad part is you don't have an adjustable stock.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You're fine with pretty much any lower these days. I'd just stay away from polymer.
View Quote

+1, also stay away from 6065 aluminum.  Just stick with 7075.

CD
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've built many AR's now using Anderson lowers without any problems.
View Quote

Same here with about a dozen Andersons and about 8 PSA's.  No issues with STAG either (people used to complain about the deer logo too).  We've come a long way.  My first SGW/Oly stop sign lower from the mid 80s won't take polymer mags, only USGI.  A late 80s/early 90s cast Eagle Arms wasn't that great either.  Normally work on Colt/FN daily.

CD
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top