Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2018 3:41:27 PM EDT
Anyone have a suggestion on a good lower parts kit. I need springs, selector, fire control etc. I don't really need any pistol grip. Also a good BCG.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
RRA has both on sale.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a CMMG lpk on my last build. It came with a pistol grip, but I did not use it. The nice thing about CMMG is they put the parts into different colored bags, makes things easier. Good quality too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, didn't see your question about a BCG. I'm personally a big fan of FailZero. FailZero on Sale for $99
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I second RRA’s lpk’s and Toolcraft bcg. JSE Surplus has the RRA lpk’s on sale as well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CMMG offers a builders kit, sans fcg/grip.  Good stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used a CMMG lpk on my last build. It came with a pistol grip, but I did not use it. The nice thing about CMMG is they put the parts into different colored bags, makes things easier. Good quality too.
CMMG offers a builders kit, sans fcg/grip.  Good stuff.
Ordered one of these on sale at right to bear just the other day.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Is CMMG made in the USA?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is CMMG made in the USA?
View Quote
Yep.  And if you don't need a trigger, trigger guard, or pistol grip, it's the one that I've been using without issue.
(I picked a few springs out of this one.)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#10]
If you buy a lower parts kit without the trigger several places have had the RRA two stage trigger on sale. I have several and they are excellent. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Right To Bear has a build your own.  You can get all mill spec stuff or upgrade safety selector, mag release, trigger etc..  You can also just leave a section blank if you dont want that part
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been using the Brownells branded kits.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Gotten mine here in the past. Decent prices.  https://www.cdnnsports.com/gun-parts.html#brand=AR&mpp=60
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Right to bear build your own is nice because of customizability.

I use Sionics as my go to and never let down. All quality parts (no mim) and their trigger is enhanced similar to ALG ACT/BCM/PNT. They have a good BCG as well both phosphate and NP3 coated.

Centurion Arms had a good BCG for $120 on their site as well
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I like using the Seekins Precision Builders kit, it includes an ambidextrous safety selector, enhanced trigger guard, and enhanced bolt catch along with all of the springs, detents and pins. I pair it with the ALG ACT fcg.

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Colt, CMMG, DPMS , RRA, Bushmaster to name a few that are good to go IMHO.  I also have some PSA parts but haven't used them yet.  Edited to add content.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Made in the USA by Xtreme Precision LLC
$21.99

http://ar15xtreme.com/product/ar-15-easily-lost-or-damaged-parts-set/
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep.  And if you don't need a trigger, trigger guard, or pistol grip, it's the one that I've been using without issue.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92450/unnamed_jpg-790576.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92450/IMG_4537_jpg-790577.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is CMMG made in the USA?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92450/unnamed_jpg-790576.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92450/IMG_4537_jpg-790577.JPG
CMMG is what I go with.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I really like bags.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#20]
for GOOOD quality parts kits

BCM (bit pricey since they included the PNT trigger and mod 3 grip)
Sionics (you can get them in the builders kit style without grip or trigger for like $39.95 and are REALLY nice)
Colt (you can find them without trigger for like $50 if you look around)
Spikes
CMMG is solid for a midrange build
PSA same thing. decent midrange/budget kits, but I'd only get them with their "build kits" instead of parts kits as the incentive is the magpul gear for butt ass cheap. If I'm buying parts kits anymore it's BCM and Sionics for a nice build, or Spikes for a lower end build (I can get the spikes without trigger for like $35 if you wait for sales)
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve started using Strike Industries Enhanced Lower Parts Kits in my last few builds and have never looked back:

Strike Industries Enhanced Lower Parts Kits minus grip and trigger

It’s a few dollars more than several of the econo kits ($50 at the above link) that we’ve all tried. Things I like about this particular kit:
-choice of ambi/non-ambi safety
-choice of 60* or 90* safety
-positive safety selector “clicks” that don’t bind up (like on some of the cheaper kits)
-slightly classier looking takedown pins
-slightly classier enhanced bolt release
-even the detents are coated
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sorry, didn't see your question about a BCG. I'm personally a big fan of FailZero. FailZero on Sale for $99
View Quote
I personally love fail zero. Never had a problem
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Colt, CMMG, DPMS , RRA, Bushmaster to name a few that are good to go IMHO.  I also have some PSA parts but haven't used them yet.  Edited to add content.
View Quote
PSA certainley is not bad. I have used their a2 lower kit. CMMG is also great.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I like ordering small parts from Damage Industries. Good parts, fair prices, fast shipping! I wish they were still an Industry Partner with free shipping codes! Although small parts usually ship for a flat $3.70.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I like to just get a pin and spring kit from CMMG, then buy everything else separately.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I like to just get a pin and spring kit from CMMG, then buy everything else separately.
View Quote
If I am supplying my own trigger, trigger guard, safety selector, and grip would I be fine with just the pin and spring kit from CMMG? All the parts I mentioned should bring everything else needed for a complete lower correct? Or am I missing items?
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If I am supplying my own trigger, trigger guard, safety selector, and grip would I be fine with just the pin and spring kit from CMMG? All the parts I mentioned should bring everything else needed for a complete lower correct? Or am I missing items?
View Quote
You still need your bolt catch, take-down pins  and magazine release.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I like CMMG, but their grips are a little too slick and shiny. First world problems
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm partial to the Geissele kit without grip and trigger. I keep a bunch of Colt parts as spares too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#30]
BCM
Sionics
SOLGW
Colt

Spikes
CMMG
RRA
PSA

the top list are my favorite go to ones, and the bottom list is what I use for budget builds
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Ive used a bunch of different kits and I recently used a full Anderson kit with the stainless FCG for $56.  I was surprised how smooth the trigger was and would put it almost equal to the ALG ACT and that is my go to FCG.  I know many will hate on Anderson but as far as I can see its a well made kit.  All stainless detents and springs.

The CMMG Builders Kit is generally my choice as I choose my pistol grip and FCG.  I hate having extra parts laying around.  They usually end up morphing into another build.  BRD is a bitch.

As far as BCG's I will choose Fail Zero EXO NiB when on sale.  ToolCraft would be number two.  I recently bought a PSA no name phosphate for $49.99 to use as a spare but almost all my builds get some type of Nickel Boron for ease of clean up.  AIM Surplus makes a nice one as well.

If your not in a big hurry, get on some mailing lists for sales and save a few bucks.  CDNN was mentioned, Right To Bear, Delta Team Tactical, PSA, and Joe Bobs Outfitters have sales constantly and regular prices are decent.

Good luck with your build!

EDIT:  Right To Bear just put these on sale for $39.99 and found out they do it fairly regularly.  Another thing, I used a purple spring from an ACT on the FCG and I think if you order a JP spring kit you can make a relly nice trigger pull.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Rock River LPK's are on sale at their site for $49.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#33]
With Bruno love seekins
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 4:51:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Made in the USA by Xtreme Precision LLC
$21.99

http://ar15xtreme.com/product/ar-15-easily-lost-or-damaged-parts-set/
View Quote
Thats a helluva deal for all the little bits you get.  Free shipping on orders over $9.99 so that covers just about everything.  I had a mag catch break the other day and lost the plunger and spring.  Buying those separately and adding shipping from someone else would be more than this kit.  I used to buy take down springs and detents by the dozen, no telling how many are lost in my kitchen where I build.  Finally got smart and bought the tool and havent lost one since.

Thank you Mr. Recon!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Your welcome. It's a good kit to have at a very good price.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top