Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2021 10:22:30 AM EDT
I want to run a thread based on when my ACRO loses battery power on setting 7.

I think, as my previous thread stated, that AP put a slightly more tint to the glass to make Setting 6 more usable...which it is completely useable inside my house with a 500 lumen light...Setting 7 is good to go in most conditions outside.

Initial power up: January 5th. Setting 7

Feb 18th: Dot is still on
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I think, as my previous thread stated, that AP put a slightly more tint to the glass to make Setting 6 more usable...which it is completely useable inside my house with a 500 lumen light...Setting 7 is good to go in most conditions outside.

View Quote

Are you checking daily?
If it wasn't for the low battery life my EDC would wear one instead of the RMR it does wear, so tag for interest.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
How long is it supposed to last?  (looked it up - 15,000 hours; 1.7 years/625 days)

If it is an Aimpoint, this could require years of monitoring.  

The outcome is more likely to be a check on the quality of your battery than it is a check on the Aimpoint's power consumption.  Also, storage conditions prior to use and ambient temperature during use determine the battery capacity.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How long is it supposed to last?  (looked it up - 15,000 hours; 1.7 years/625 days)

If it is an Aimpoint, this could require years of monitoring.  

The outcome is more likely to be a check on the quality of your battery than it is a check on the Aimpoint's power consumption.  Also, storage conditions prior to use and ambient temperature during use determine the battery capacity.
View Quote

@Trollslayer
Except a lot of reputable users have reported actual battery life of no more than 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@Trollslayer
Except a lot of reputable users have reported actual battery life of no more than 2-3 weeks.
View Quote

I see, got it.

In which case, test away!  You have to know for sure.  I seem to recall they take an odd ball battery, too, don't they?

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I found setting 7 was optimal for me on the ACRO.  I generally got two months of battery life with it constant on.  Ultimately, I was displeased with the ACRO battery life and sold it.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I found setting 7 was optimal for me on the ACRO.  I generally got two months of battery life with it constant on.  Ultimately, I was displeased with the ACRO battery life and sold it.  
View Quote

Same, sold the two I had only because the battery life but overall a nice optic.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmmm,... 60 days is only 1,440 hours, not the 15,000 hours advertised.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
15000 hours is on Setting 6 ... which is still very usable inside a house with a white light on my ACRO...as I've said...my sample (has more of a tint than previous ACROs...hence why Setting 6 seems more usable than once reported before and setting 7 is "optimal" for all conditions thus far...Setting 8 and up is just too freaking bright).

It does take an oddball battery...CR1225 but they are dirt freaking cheap on eBay for some Energizer ones...spent $10 for 12 of them...

Battery sideloads so the life doesn't concern me as much as some others do...takes 30 seconds to swap...

I swap batteries regardless every 6 months on optics...since I don't have to remove an RMR anymore and re-zero...this actually saves me money if you look at it...with the added benefit of a sealed optic and little to no fish-eye effect...
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard the other day that the new acro will take a 2032.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I heard the other day that the new acro will take a 2032.
View Quote

Where did you hear this?

They would have to increase the size of the ACRO to accomplish that if they want to have the battery on the same side as it is now...one of the reasons they went with CR1225 is due to size and thickness of the battery...since it is a "traditional" optic like other Aimpoints just in a micro size...they had to go this route...…I think they could have squeezed a CR1632 in there...

Cr1225 is 4mm smaller in width than a 1632 and 8mm smaller in width than a cr2032 and 1mm thinner than both of the others...we weren't never going to get a huge battery life out of that battery...

So to make a CR2032 fit into an ACRO they will have to increase the size or change the way the battery is installed...

I will say...AP could have at least put a shake-a-wake function to further battery life...my ACRO sits in a safe 98% of its time...immobilized...

If the battery was mounted in a way where I couldn't change it easily...I would have an issue...but the batteries are cheap and its easily accessible...
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was going to start a thread about it but found this, so I'll piggyback @thehin06 (no homo)

I have a new Acro P-1 I got from Europtic at the beginning of the month. I'll have it on my Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS that I carry everyday for work in a 6354DO Holster. I do swatty things in addition to my regular daytime duties.

I have been carrying RMRed pistols since approximately 2014ish.

Initial observations, this is a new one, and I never had an original one to compare  and on the setting 6 it is perfectly visible in daylight in central Texas and room clearing stuff in real life trailers and training environments with an X300U. Obviously if I'm shining it at a white wall at pointblank range the dot washes out.  For reference I typically run my RMR at the brightest setting or 1 or 2 down.  NV settings are great, nice and clear dot through PVS 14's seems like less blooming to my eyeballs than the RMR.

I'm leaving it on setting 6 and it has been since 3/4/21 (other than cycling through brightness playing with it of course). I don't go an entire year with out changing my RMR batteries anyway and semi regularly replace batteries just because they fail sometimes and it's cheap insurance. I change my weaponlight batteries regularly anyway, and the ACRO is stupid easy to change out as well.

We'll see how it goes.

So far, I really like it, the tube effect is actually realyy nice and there was very minor training adjustment between it and the RMR.  I very much like the clear non distorted lense and the low profile.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
It seems that I pick up the ACRO faster than I did the RMR...

Def. Setting 6 is usable...glad I am not the sample size of 1 at this point to confirm this.

I confirmed that the dot is still on on 3/10/12 setting 7
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Apr 6th ... Dot is still on at Setting 7 ...

Setting 7 has been on constantly since January....original battery still...

Did have the optic briefly at night with a TLR7...Setting 7 is way too bright during low-light...had to back it off to Setting 6 for 30min or so about a week ago...before going back into the safe...bumped it back up to Setting 7
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the update.

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Apr 6th ... Dot is still on at Setting 7 ...

Setting 7 has been on constantly since January....original battery still...

Did have the optic briefly at night with a TLR7...Setting 7 is way too bright during low-light...had to back it off to Setting 6 for 30min or so about a week ago...before going back into the safe...bumped it back up to Setting 7
View Quote

Quoted:
Thanks for the update.

View Quote

Okay i refuse to give my money to Holosun and china and you two are convincing me to get one now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Okay i refuse to give my money to Holosun and china and you two are convincing me to get one now.
View Quote

I'm pretty happy with mine.

Mine is still on if that matters to you lol.

I have had it on setting 6 and it has been useable in every condition I've had here in Central Texas,. In the trailer parks and woods in dark and light and at the range etc...

Check out europtic
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#17]
@xxflyingturtlexx I really do prefer it over an RMR...it’s been flawless.

Setting 6 is def very usable. I have it on Setting 7 just to see how long it lasts...
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice to hear. As much as I want to like the Holosun 509T and its battery life, I would rather buy the Aimpoint.

Thank you for the updates and please keep it up!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#19]
eBay has Energizer CR1225 batteries for cheap as well...so the battery thing is really a mute point for me...

I bought 10 batteries for $10 bucks...should last me several years...
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Is there an easy way to differentiate what gen acro someone has?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't seen any serial # ranges or anything. Appears to have been adjusted early on but thats purely conjecture on my part. I don't know of any early purchasers that I can compare to .

Maybe call Aimpoint and ask?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can tell by the body. The Gen 2 has a raised portion where the windage adjustment and battery cap is, while the Gen 1 is only "raised" where the battery cap is. ETA: There may be other differences but, having both, the body contour was the most obvious distinguishing feature.

Here's a Gen 2:

And the Gen 1:

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Awesome, thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Gen 2 also has removable front and back windows (service performed by AP)...
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got mine the other day.

Little differences, battery cap, windage and elevation knobs are a little different. Ill reach out to aimpoint and let you all know what they say
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Is there more of a tint like the OP describes?

How's the brightness on setting 7?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is there more of a tint like the OP describes?

How's the brightness on setting 7?
View Quote

It's pretty clear anyway. Cleared than my T-1.

Setting 7 is pretty bright
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/4dGzZ9g.jpg

Little differences, battery cap, windage and elevation knobs are a little different. Ill reach out to aimpoint and let you all know what they say
View Quote

Are you saying you think you got a fake?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s fake to me...never seen one like that
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you saying you think you got a fake?

Not necessarily, I got it new from a reputable place.  I've seen that battery cap before and never looked close enough to remember what the elevation and windage knobs look like.  

It's pretty bright on 7 and the window is clear.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not necessarily, I got it new from a reputable place.  I've seen that battery cap before and never looked close enough to remember what the elevation and windage knobs look like.  

View Quote

Let us know, that battery cap and lettering on the top and on your adjusters is weird plus the battery cap.  ETA: I guess the lettering could look lighter because your camera flash.

Legit dealers sometimes get duped with people returning fake shit then it getting unintentionally put into circulation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Adjusters to me look def off...and the battery cap. Never seen that...
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's my Gen 2 received from Eurooptic a few months ago. The adjustment markings are outlined as opposed to etched like the ones pictued above (including the stock pics I found from a Google search that I posted above).

At first I though that maybe there was a difference between the ACRO P-1 and C-1. Indeed, the Aimpoint Web site shows the C-1 having markings like ming, while the P-1 has markings that are more etched. My box clearly says P-1. So maybe they are just changes that Aimpoint makes along the way.

From the Aimpont Web site:

C-1:

P-1:
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Took some better pics in the sun today

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#35]
You are 2000 ahead in serial #s...so it cooouuuuld be a roll out change...

I do not have any gaps in my intensity adjustments nor can I see any adhesive like you can on yours...

My windage/elevation adjustments has three holes and what appears to be a brass underneath it...my battery cap is also dual slotted vs single slotted...

Have you called AP?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for contacting Aimpoint!

Your ACRO was manufactured 3/11/2021 and is the new version. The biggest difference between yours and your friends is that yours has click adjustments that you can feel. His is just a friction adjustment. That's the only mechanical difference. We did some slimming and changed the exterior look a bit, but the adjustments are the only real difference. If you need anything else, please let us know.

Thank you.
View Quote

Yep, contacted them yesterday. Looks like a small change.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#37]
How's the battery holding out, OP?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Still trucking along since January on setting 7...so thats 3 months now on that setting...

Setting 7 is way tad too bright to use inside a home/at night time...whether you are using a white light or not...

I will bump it to Setting 6 once this battery takes a dump...but so far so good...
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Oops double poat
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Attempted a potato pic trying to show the glass on my few month old acro.

Attachment Attached File

This is setting 6. But the camera does wierd things with the dot.

Doesn't work with the camera. But if I shine my x300 at the white wall of the garage at 3 yards it still is plenty visible.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I am a firm believer that AP changed things on the ACRO when they went Gen 2 more so than just the adjusters and replaceable windows...

Many said Setting 6 isnt usable...but it sure is...while Setting 7 and up are really only used for very bright situations...

If my AP makes it to 6 months on Setting 7...I will zero complaints...zero...

My example came with Energizer CR1225 vs the Renata that original ones do...so that is what I stocked up...but I have a feeling my 15 batteries will expire before I get to use half of it...lol...
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Still trucking along since January on setting 7...so thats 3 months now on that setting...

Setting 7 is way tad too bright to use inside a home/at night time...whether you are using a white light or not...

I will bump it to Setting 6 once this battery takes a dump...but so far so good...
View Quote

IMO, that is decent performance, already.  Longer is better.  The real key is knowing how long they last so you can plan around that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#43]
There was someone on FB yesterday saying a newer better battery life version of the ACRO will be out very soon.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There was someone on FB yesterday saying a newer better battery life version of the ACRO will be out very soon.
View Quote

Steve Fischer has said a CR2032 version is coming. I'd be excited for that
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:22:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Steve Fischer has said a CR2032 version is coming. I'd be excited for that
View Quote

Nice to hear, holding off and anxiously waiting
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:42:31 AM EDT
[#46]
I wonder if/how they can pull that off without making it larger (for a MRD) than it already is.

I don't see why they go with a 1632.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wonder if/how they can pull that off without making it larger (for a MRD) than it already is.

View Quote

Supposedly to make it fit

So good question
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Battery thickness....1632 and the 2032 are twice as thick as the 1225...

If there is a new variant coming out with the 1632/2032 it will either have:

A) Smaller viewing window but same external dimensions
B) Same window but larger external dimensions
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Hell, build the damn thing with a place for a triple AAA for rifle use.
But for a pistol the 2032 seems like a no brainer.
So what if it is a little thicker on one side.

I can't believe they outsmarted themselves on this one!

I with you guys, this sight is a winner, even if it ends up only being a 6 month bat life.

Anxiously awaiting the next update.
I will be getting one one way or the other.
I prefer it to my RMR which I have owned since it first came out and is now a backup sight on my Mod 0
'cause I just can't get the "rotate" rifle thing right.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hell, build the damn thing with a place for a triple AAA for rifle use.
But for a pistol the 2032 seems like a no brainer.
So what if it is a little thicker on one side.

I can't believe they outsmarted themselves on this one!

I with you guys, this sight is a winner, even if it ends up only being a 6 month bat life.

Anxiously awaiting the next update.
I will be getting one one way or the other.
I prefer it to my RMR which I have owned since it first came out and is now a backup sight on my Mod 0
'cause I just can't get the "rotate" rifle thing right.
View Quote

I’m with ya but it’s proving to be really a none issue...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top