Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2021 9:09:58 PM EDT
I just ordered a Geissele MK4 13.5” from AIM and I was curious if I made the right choice. I’ve been looking all day going between the G rail and the SLR Ion rail. NOBODY has the G rail in stock except Midway or AIM. There were some complaints on Midway about them not shipping the G rail with the gas block (which I don’t really need) and being told to handle it with G. I know AIM is a site sponsor, I am hoping for some positive reinforcement from y’all.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You buy then ask?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure why you’d have doubts about Aim.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I've bought some random stuff from them recently and had zero issues. They had a lower receiver at my FFL within a week of placing the order.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
??????? Yes. I could always cancel since I just ordered it. I would’ve preferred to buy in person but nobody local has anything decent
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Aim is legit. Have ordered from them many times.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure. With my luck, I’d get Botached from the best suppliers
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]
AIM is one of my few go-to crack dealers. They’ve been solid for lots of years of helping me with my fix.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Aim has been in businesx for many years. They've expanded and have a nice facility just north of Cincy. GTG.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Geissele rails no longer include the gas block. Both Midway and AIM are highly regarded and good to go.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#11]
They're good people. Even better when you live 3 miles away.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
AIM GTG but I always trust Midway. I don't remember for sure but thought all G rails are not coming with gas block anymore. I may assume whatever AIM had would be same as Midway but just a guess. I'd let it ride, fuck all that cancelling orders shit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Y’all have made me feel better about using them. I’m always very skeptical when ordering online.

I’m not sure if the G rails come with the gas block or not. I have a low profile gas block already. This rail is a upgrade/replacement of a free float rail. If it does awesome, if not, I won’t be upset. I was going to order directly from Geissele, but they’re OOS. On their site, it mentions coming with the block and the barrel but tool is separate. The pic from Aim showed the block and the tool, so I’m hopeful that I get both of those items but I am not expecting to.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The pic from Aim showed the block and the tool, so I’m hopeful that I get both of those items but I am not expecting to.
View Quote

The ad states it does not include the nut wrench. There is also no mention of the gas block in the description. Don’t count on it being included.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:17:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

+2
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The ad states it does not include the nut wrench. There is also no mention of the gas block in the description. Don't count on it being included.
View Quote
Don't mean to steer this OT but I think we've confirmed Aim is 100% GTG

Is G really not including a block or barrel nut wrench now a days? The block I can somewhat understand, but leaving out a simple wrench just seems like a needless money grab. C'mon Bill...
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:22:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't mean to steer this OT but I think we've confirmed Aim is 100% GTG

Is G really not including a block or barrel nut wrench now a days? The block I can somewhat understand, but leaving out a simple wrench just seems like a needless money grab. C'mon Bill...
View Quote

It’s been a while, at least a year or more, that Bill hasn’t included gas blocks or wrenches. The MBAs run the Geissele show now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's been a while, at least a year or more, that Bill hasn't included gas blocks or wrenches. The MBAs run the Geissele show now.
View Quote
I'm an MBA but you aren't off-base with that statement. Even then, I'd argue it's shortsighted to start pulling the small but tangible value-adds that (once) characterized G and allowed it to charge premium prices without consumers batting an eye.

Super lame move on their part.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm an MBA but you aren't off-base with that statement. Even then, I'd argue it's shortsighted to start pulling the small but tangible value-adds that (once) characterized G and allowed it to charge premium prices without consumers batting an eye.

Super lame move on their part.
View Quote

I get your point of view. I would appreciate the wrench more than the gas block, but either or neither. I believe G is straight up in telling you you are getting this and not this for your money. It’s my fault that I didn’t pay attention to AIM’s ad stating the wrench doesn’t come with the rail. That’s also a fact confirmed by several other suppliers website.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#21]
AIM is good people.

If you need a G barrel wrench, hit me up, and I’ll swing one by.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
AIM is good people.

If you need a G barrel wrench, hit me up, and I’ll swing one by.
View Quote

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been an Aim customer for the past 600 years....buy with complete confidence.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#24]
aim is good people. buy lots from them, they are about 20 minutes from me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Other than the cc fraud due to the fact their site is *STILL* susceptible to SQL injection attacks from 7 years ago, you should be fine.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I've used them many times in the past and had never had a problem. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

This.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Aim is my crack dealer. Never an issue. You are GTG.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#30]
I would choose AIM over Midway every day of the week.  Never had a problem with Midway, but whatever cut rate shipping they use always takes a week or two longer than AIM.  I order from AIM or JoeBobs or DSG if I want my parts fast.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#31]
AIM is known for surplus products.  Did not know they had new products.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#32]
What?  Have you been under a rock for, damned near forever?  Yes, they sell surplus C&R firearms and maybe some surplus ammo and parts but so far as I know they have been selling quality new products and firearms and accessories since God was a boy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
AIM is known for surplus products.  Did not know they had new products.
View Quote

I’m assuming you’ve never been to their website before.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I’m assuming you’ve never been to their website before.
View Quote

I don’t know about him, but I’m never going back! Thank goodness there is a ton of stuff out of stock or I’d still be buying stuff. They’ve got just about everything you could imagine.

Plus, my rail is almost here already. I paid the higher price to get it shipped UPS because I don’t trust USPS. I’ve been keeping an eye on my order. Frankly I’m like a kid with a new toy- Ralphie waiting on his decoder ring.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You buy then ask?
View Quote

THIS!

First Post Nails It (Again!) ...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#36]
AIM is good people. If they don’t sell it you don’t need it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The owner of Aim is also a plus size male model and is rumored to be the coolest guy on the planet.
View Quote

I don’t know about all that! I do know that UPS finally showed with a box for me today. I ordered last Friday and it’s here today. Package was sealed up and undamaged and I got the last one y’all had. Great price, quick shipping, handled well- I’m a fan for sure!

Also- there was no gas block, as I said though, it wasn’t a necessary item for me. I’m assuming as mentioned before in this thread that G isn’t sending gas blocks with the rail anymore.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Ordered a lot from AIM over the years and always go back.  Very good place and I appreciate them not price gouging during the various scares, even when it might be fully justified.  Can’t ay enough good about them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, ordered from them a dozen times with 0 issue.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#42]
The only complaint I have about AIM is when their servers got hacked, and they informed me they had kept a copy of my driver's license on file from an ammo purchase, and it could have been compromised. All they did was say "Sorry!".

I was none too impressed with that. A discount coupon or something would have been in order imo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Aim is a excellent company. Many purchases, never a problem. Both Hand guards are top notch.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top