Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2019 9:26:35 PM EDT
Anybody done any builds off a UIC10 lower?

I know it's a SR25 pattern but I've heard of fit issues even between SR25 patter upper/lowers.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, got some stag AR10 uppers, will post up if it worked or not when they come in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:35:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of the issues in Armalite cut receiver fit are cosmetic and tolerance stacking.  Guns with billet receivers tend to be made in matched sets and the tolerances are so tight so they don't fit with out having to mod the parts. Other things end up being things not lining up cosmetically.

Quoted:

I know it's a SR25 pattern but I've heard of fit issues even between SR25 patter upper/lowers.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Got the stag uppers in today. I think they are the same as the Matrix/Diamondback.

SR25/Armalite cut but DPMS type 2 (high) height and DPMS threading.

Dropped in on the UIC10 fine. The only mismatch is the flat portion on the side is 1/8" or difference in width, I'm not OCD and can live with it.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of the issues in Armalite cut receiver fit are cosmetic and tolerance stacking.  Guns with billet receivers tend to be made in matched sets and the tolerances are so tight so they don't fit with out having to mod the parts. Other things end up being things not lining up cosmetically.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have wanted to know if the ruger sr762/matrix upper would fit on the ADM lower and had always gotten "sr25 pattern" as a generic answer. Thanks for the info and taking on the trial.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
So far in my experience the tolerance stacking among SR-25 style can be a real pain in the ass.  No idea why the industry can't just get behind one standard, but whatever...

I am in a similar situation as you, except I am currently wondering if a ADM UIC-10 upper will fit nicely on my LMT MARS lower.  I has turned out to be a huge challenge to find something that matches up and is in spec.

Hopefully more people chime in here.  I might just buy a UIC-10 set and ditch the LMT lower, but I also want to hear more feedback form people with them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll update when I have checked with the pins
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 1:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, slight hiccup.

The UIC-10 came with a front takedown pin and that seems a hair too big for the Stag upper. Visually it seems like the hole diameters are the same, but that thing won't go in.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 3:20:53 AM EDT
[#9]
True SR pattern guns use .281 pins vs .278 something for DPMS / Armalite.

Quoted:
Well, slight hiccup.

The UIC-10 came with a front takedown pin and that seems a hair too big for the Stag upper. Visually it seems like the hole diameters are the same, but that thing won't go in.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 3:21:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, slight hiccup.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
The ADM receiver uses .28 and the Stag uses .2770

Wondering if I should use Stag pins and accept a bit of wobble or open up the Stag receiver .003"

ETA: Bought the Stag pins for ten bucks, waiting on those to come in and see how it works before I try out my questionable metal work skills. ADM loves to make the pins for their lowers an extremely tight fit.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, slight hiccup.

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Got my Stag pins in and the pivot pin seems good, about the same as an newish issued M4 in terms of fit, however the takedown/rear pin from Stag is about 1/4" too long. Will contact ADM tomorrow to see if I can get some pins from them.

Looks like I will have to file out the rear lug of the Stag uppers a bit.

Quoted:

Wondering if I should use Stag pins and accept a bit of wobble or open up the Stag receiver .003"

ETA: Bought the Stag pins for ten bucks, waiting on those to come in and see how it works before I try out my questionable metal work skills. ADM loves to make the pins for their lowers an extremely tight fit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, slight hiccup.

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top