Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2023 9:34:15 PM EDT
My instructor that I take carbine courses runs an ADM 14.5” exclusively, although he owns others as well. He’s constantly letting people shoot it, tinker with it.

I’m all about my SR-15 and others than are “tuned” with proper gas ports, Sprinco blues, H2, etc, etc. But I’ve got to say, that ADM is arguably as smooth, or flatter shooting that my SR-15 Mod 2 Carbine.

Not a lot of info on them but the ambi controls are top notch and the entire system seems very thought out. Just not much info out there on them.

I know they use Criterion barrels. Any feedback or personal review with them? UIC is the more common model I’ve seen, and the M4 is the slick side lower.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I was at my local gun shop about fur years ago and the ADM rep was there giving a class on the features and design details ADM uses in their rifles.  I got an outstanding deal on a UIC Mod 1 LE with a 16" barrel.  I am calling it a LE model, but at the time the LE had a 14.5" barrel, but this rifle had all of the UIC Mod 1 features with a 16" barrel.  After talking to the rep for a while, I was kind of on the fence and he said I will sell this rifle to you for $1350, I said deal, was normally selling for $1650.  

IMO, ADM flies well below the radar and has one of the best rifles you can get.  Mine shoots great, very accurate and shoots suppressed as good as my SR's and LMT's.

At the time I think Sage Dynamics was pushing ADM and he had some good videos on the rifle in action.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was at my local gun shop about fur years ago and the ADM rep was there giving a class on the features and design details ADM uses in their rifles.  I got an outstanding deal on a UIC Mod 1 LE with a 16" barrel.  I am calling it a LE model, but at the time the LE had a 14.5" barrel, but this rifle had all of the UIC Mod 1 features with a 16" barrel.  After talking to the rep for a while, I was kind of on the fence and he said I will sell this rifle to you for $1350, I said deal, was normally selling for $1650.  

IMO, ADM flies well below the radar and has one of the best rifles you can get.  Mine shoots great, very accurate and shoots suppressed as good as my SR's and LMT's.

At the time I think Sage Dynamics was pushing ADM and he had some good videos on the rifle in action.
View Quote

Nice, didn’t realize you had one. From what I can tell, I think Interstate Guns quit carrying ADM.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Met the owner at a local gun course.  He and his employees seemed pretty normal, also let me fondle their rifles.  Reminds me a bit of the LWRC I had, seemed solid as a system.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nice, didn’t realize you had one. From what I can tell, I think Interstate Guns quit carrying ADM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@alpha0815

I went back and looked and I bought it the summer of 2019.  They had a number of ADMs at one time and even had matched stripped upper and lower pairs.  That is what really got me to looking at ADM.  The exact cost of the rifle was $1359…interesting on the same receipt I bought a Deadair Sandman K the same day for $529…won’t see those days again.  I have not been to IG in about a year and have not seen ADMs there in at least three years.  Looks like they are more of a DD store these days.

The two flying below the radar rifles I own, ADM and PWS, are both outstanding rifles.

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Another point of data- using this with a Rattler upper conversion kit, the ADM lower has a pretty decent gap around the rear pin to upper connection.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm lucky because both ADM and BCM are local to me. I went and met with the guys at ADM because the Mod2 had everything I would have upgraded down the road. I ended up getting the Mod2 in 16" and love it... smile on my face from first shot! The Ambi bolt catch is something every rifle should have and is so easy to get used to and will make you wonder why it was not done from the get go. Very flat shooter!
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I just have a receiver set on my own build and really like them. High quality for sure. Upper was thermal fit with my Triarc barrel.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I had never heard of them before, but the look nice.

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had never heard of them before, but the look nice.

View Quote

As I noted above, below the radar company and well worth what you pay for them.  Excellent hardware and very well made.

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Got everything now except the barrel. Criterion CORE is backordered.

When complete, it will basically be just like a factory ADM4 Mod 2. The finish and features of this lower is unlike anything I’ve seen.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn that looks nice!!!....cant wait to see the final build.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Let us know how you like the Core. Mine is running the Hybrid and I love it…. Thinking of picking up the Core as a spare for down the road.
That green is sharp, I saw it and the gray when I stopped at ADM both looked great.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah so I’ve got a CORE on order with Criterion. 3-4 months. I’m keeping an eye on EE and Gunbroker. If I find one at a decent markup I’m going to score it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#14]
FYI Rooftop Defense posted on Reddit a day ago they have some on the way….. may want to keep an eye on them, not sure if they have a in stock notification or not.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like they got the 16” in stock….

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/product/criterion-core-16-223-wylde-midlength-barrel-18-twist/
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Hoping 14.5s are next!
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Got everything now except the barrel. Criterion CORE is backordered.

When complete, it will basically be just like a factory ADM4 Mod 2. The finish and features of this lower is unlike anything I’ve seen.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/5D7F023E-A5BF-431E-BD23-497B86FBC6DF_jpe-2807181.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/44CA0EB7-B239-40FF-9494-6FFE685935D5_jpe-2807182.JPG
View Quote

@alpha0815 how did you get the receivers in odg??
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@alpha0815 how did you get the receivers in odg??
View Quote

ADM makes special edition OG Green receivers that they sell independently.

I got them from Bevan.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

ADM makes special edition OG Green receivers that they sell independently.

I got them from Bevan.
View Quote

Thanks! They’re gorgeous!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have pictures of an ADM UIC lower with a forged upper? I’m wondering how it would look.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone have pictures of an ADM UIC lower with a forged upper? I’m wondering how it would look.
View Quote

@Tobysi https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/ADM-lower-with-BCM-forged-upper/4-735003/#i7806303

The Aero M4E1 uppers look pretty good on them. I didn't take pics, but my buddy (FFL) had a stripped M4E1 upper that we put on my stripped ADM4 lower when it showed up a year and a half ago.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone have pictures of an ADM UIC lower with a forged upper? I'm wondering how it would look.
View Quote
I can take some over the weekend for you.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#24]
@alpha0815

Can you give me some info on that receiver extension castle nut?  The QD end plate looks to be ADM.  Trigger, a straight bow Larue MBT?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@alpha0815

Can you give me some info on that receiver extension castle nut?  The QD end plate looks to be ADM.  Trigger, a straight bow Larue MBT?

Thanks,

View Quote

@77Bronc

Buffer tube, end plate, and castle nut are all ADM (ADM Enhanced). I was a little unsure about them being aluminum but I’ll take the weight savings here. Every component that is ADM on this rig seems incredibly well built. Since no place to stake the castle nut, they recommend VC-3 threadlocker which I used.

Even though I built this one from scratch, I used every possible part that ADM sells individually. I swapped the port door for a FCD EPC since I had an extra.

Trigger is a Geissele SD-E that I pulled out of my Honey Badger. I wouldn’t have paid for that trigger by itself but it’s definitely faster than my straight bow MBT-2S.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@77Bronc

Buffer tube, end plate, and castle nut are all ADM (ADM Enhanced). I was a little unsure about them being aluminum but I’ll take the weight savings here. Every component that is ADM on this rig seems incredibly well built. Since no place to stake the castle nut, they recommend VC-3 threadlocker which I used.

Even though I built this one from scratch, I used every possible part that ADM sells individually. I swapped the port door for a FCD EPC since I had an extra.

Trigger is a Geissele SD-E that I pulled out of my Honey Badger. I wouldn’t have paid for that trigger by itself but it’s definitely faster than my straight bow MBT-2S.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@alpha0815

Thanks,

@77Bronc

@alpha0815

Thanks for the info, after I asked the question I went over to the ADM website and did find the castle nut.  I have one Geissele trigger, a SSP, and it is in a SBR and is really nice.  Your ADM build came out great.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Took it to the range yesterday for first time. 14.5” CORE barrel, ADM enhanced buffer (4.4 oz) and Sprinco white hot spring. Ran it unsuppressed.

Softest shooting AR I’ve ever shot. Softer than my SR-15 Mod 2 Carbine.

But….it wouldn’t lock back on empty with 3 types of 5.56 NATO.  I’m going to try a standard carbine spring to see if that does it. If not, I’ll have to pull the ADM buffer for an H1.

The BCM gas block I had wasn’t the tightest fitting ever but I alcohol swabbed around the gas block when I got home and didn’t see any signs of carbon leakage around the gas block.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Going lower on the spring is for sure the right step, I like to run a +1 on my buffers...so reducing the spring and keeping the H2 should fix the lock back issue

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top