Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2021 2:51:32 PM EDT
Currently, I use a DBAL I2 that has an IR laser on my rifle with a helmet mounted PVS14 on my non dominant eye.  My optic is a Razor HD 1-6.

I have another rifle with a 3.5x TA-110 ACOG.  If I were to mount a piggyback RMR and switch the PVS14 to my dominant eye, would the piggyback RMR work for passive aiming?  

I am concerned that things might be too tight to get a good sight picture.  I don’t want the RMR banging into my PVS14.

Can anyone who has tried it chime in?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it’ll work fine.

Might require you to bump your stock out a notch or two to prevent your NODs from hitting the ACOG/RMR, but likely less of a problem with the increased eye relief of the TA11/TA110 series.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
FyI, this question is more appropriate to the armory -> night vision section
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be fine with the pvs 14 over your non dominant and the rmr on top. It’s possible to passively aim with a cco on an m4 with right eye and have the 14 over your left eye.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top