Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2020 11:16:51 PM EDT
Anybody have experience with the AC Unity mags being sold by RTG. They have 30 and 40 round window mags for a very reasonable price. Considering trying some but thought best to check here first.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
In the AK world (where they originate), they are known to be crap. For a range mag? Sure..for HD? No.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't resist trying their 45 round AK74 mags. $15 a piece, I'll save my expensive Russki 74 rounder.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, decided to try some anyway. They work perfectly. Don't know how they'd hold up to combat, or being run over by a truck, but I don't intend to do either. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for HD. It'll take a while to see how they fare when left loaded.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the AK world (where they originate), they are known to be crap. For a range mag? Sure..for HD? No.
View Quote

I seem to recall reading this in other threads about AC-Unity.  Is this something you have posted multiple times?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I would definitely like to see some reviews of them. See how they look next to a pmag ect.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I seem to recall reading this in other threads about AC-Unity.  Is this something you have posted multiple times?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have several AC-unity ak mags in 5.45 and 5.56 and they work great, so I don't know whether he just got a bad one or what. They don't have a crap reputation and their HK and Glock mags are also supposed to be pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 3:40:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have several AC-unity ak mags in 5.45 and 5.56 and they work great, so I don't know whether he just got a bad one or what. They don't have a crap reputation and their HK and Glock mags are also supposed to be pretty good.
View Quote
I need to keep putting rounds through the Glock mags but so far, so good. Can confirm their MP5 mags are GTG and the best thing going this side of factory HK.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:06:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

AK mags have nothing in common,  from how they lock in the gun to wear failure points.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up a couple of their Steyr AUG mags to try out.  The only thing I’m concerned about while handling them is the amount of flex in the feedlips.  However, they don’t seem to flex/spread while fully loaded so we’ll see how they do at the range when I can eventually go shoot again.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have some in 7.62 and 5.45. I have shot a lot of rounds with them. 100%. I really like them. The windows are great.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Accidentally bought two when I was getting 5.45 mags.

They work just fine but are not drop free in my Anderson or PSA lower.

They almost fo but not quite.

I'm not an operator so I'm not bothered by that with 2 spare mags but FYI for those that care about that.

I'll leave one loaded just to see what happens.

I think it will be bad but I have other mags on case it fails as I expect it to.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which gets called out by guys who actually own and use the magazines.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top