Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2019 5:01:01 PM EDT
What say the hive on 10.5” 5.56 Flash suppression better but what about sound? Equal?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I can’t imagine that it’s going to affect sound to any measurable degree.  A 10.3” 5.56 is going to be LOUD!
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak of experience with the A2 on a 10.3, I do have the AAC 51T Blackout on a 10.3 and 11.5. Both have some flash enough you can see it from behind the rifle not a fireball but definite flash. One of the  2 11.5's I have wore the YHM Phantom the other had an AFAB. The Phantom was the best with a short barrel.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 A 10.3” 5.56 is going to be LOUD!
View Quote
They aren't that bad.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate the info guys!
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't speak of experience with the A2 on a 10.3, I do have the AAC 51T Blackout on a 10.3 and 11.5. Both have some flash enough you can see it from behind the rifle not a fireball but definite flash. One of the  2 11.5's I have wore the YHM Phantom the other had an AFAB. The Phantom was the best with a short barrel.
View Quote
I have a Phantom and it's the best bang for your buck flash reduction to price value. SEI' "Vortex" flash hider is the best I've used on my 10.3 and 10.5's in flash reduction. With Hornady, IMI, and other premium OTM's with flash retardants the Vortex dissipates 99% of flash from my experience. As to sound... Nobody cringes nor looks at me like I'm touching off a stick or 3 of dynamite at the indoor range when I shoot mine. Take that for what it's worth.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top