Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2021 1:17:29 AM EDT
What the title says: can anyone recommend someone who'd be able to reprofile an A2 80% lower into an A1, finish the lower into an 100% (and preferably leave their manufacturer's markings below the trigger guard), and anodize the whole thing once down? Looking to do a T91 build and Sean there looks to be completely out of the A1 lowers, with an uncertain ETA on future ones.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve been looking for somebody to convert two or three of my 100%  receivers into proper looking A1 receivers for about a year without any luck.

If you do find a place, please share their info!!

Good luck!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Braceman will reprofile them but not mill them

ETA: aren’t T91’s built off an A2 lower? Do you mean T65? If so Int Milspec Trading Co. is going to be producing roll stamped T65 lowers and I can vouch for the quality of their work I have a GM and H&R A1 lowers from them

Here’s a link…
https://intlmilco.com/t65-rolled-lowers-100-7-8-month-wait/
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Ye - I already threw my hat in for the T65 lower; the autismal bits that he described about not just getting the markings right (especially the export ones, which by themselves are very unique) but also the rounded Taiwanese contours of the lower, sold me. This won't be just an A1 lower with different writing on it, but as close an impression as we can get to a T65 lower short of smuggling one back from Taiwan or Haiti.

The T91 lower, however, is built on an A1 *style* lower without the front and rear takedown pin reinforcements seen on A2: but as seen here it has a very unique distinctive hump on the buffer tube area that is a Taiwanese feature. A plain A1 lower though would still be a lot more correct than a plain A2.

Thanks for the info on Braceman, might see about contacting him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just learned something thanks man!
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ye - I already threw my hat in for the T65 lower; the autismal bits that he described about not just getting the markings right (especially the export ones, which by themselves are very unique) but also the rounded Taiwanese contours of the lower, sold me. This won't be just an A1 lower with different writing on it, but as close an impression as we can get to a T65 lower short of smuggling one back from Taiwan or Haiti.

The T91 lower, however, is built on an A1 *style* lower without the front and rear takedown pin reinforcements seen on A2: but as seen here it has a very unique distinctive hump on the buffer tube area that is a Taiwanese feature. A plain A1 lower though would still be a lot more correct than a plain A2.

https://i.imgur.com/xuRcwr4.jpg

View Quote

Interesting picture...curious as to what is on the trigger, some sort of electrical firing system or safety?  Can't say I've seen that before.
T
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/xuRcwr4.jpg

View Quote

Wow, thank you for that knowledge drop.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top