Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2021 11:32:42 PM EDT
I had slowed down with AR15 builds last year.  I have built a LOT of them and was getting bored with them.  I got the itch late last year ri build another A2 build.  I had previously built a M16A2 build and then converted that to a A4.  I sold that off and started building carbines and pistols and just keppt building shorter and shorter Ar15 builds.

So a member here hooked me up with a stripped A2 upper and my brother had bought a barrel that he forgot he had bought.... the parts just fell into place.  I wasn't sure what barrel length I wanted, and the spare barrel my brother had was a midlength 14.5".  I have a couple of bayonets so I decided that I was either going to run a YHM QD FH or a extended A2 if the bayonet mounted up.  The extended A2 from KAK did not allow the bayonet to mount, but a old YHM FH did JUST BARELY allow the bayonet to mount up solid with only about 1/16" sticking through the bayo loop.  Hell Yeah!!  I forgot to take a pic but will this weekend.

I bought a PSA Stealth lower and I had the other parts in my spare parts bin.  I sawa  pic of a A2 carbine with the B5 handguard and a flat delta ring.  I remembered I had a mid length B5 in my box of handguards, so I bought a brownells flat ring.  I was supprised that all the parts actually shipped quickly.

The upper rides on a SBR'd lower, but I have another CAR stock and grip in my parts bin so it will look the same except I will use a standard trigger guard.  Plan on shooting it this coming weekend.  I will get the FH pinned and welded to get the needed 16" OAL.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks great, I love the look of the B5 handguards. Out of all my rifles I still find myself coming back to A2s.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking rifle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
gotta love the a2...old pic, but ive added a third a2 since

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:43:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifle OP, I like how longer handguards look on the 16" barrel. It works for some reason.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
gotta love the a2...old pic, but ive added a third a2 since

https://i.ibb.co/4T3DLHz/20200221-170531.jpg
View Quote

Please post more, I've got 3 A2's in the works.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Buddy of mine welded the YHM FH on a couple of weeks ago, finally got around to taking pics.

The bayo has enough purchase on the FH to stay put, so it worked out pretty well.  

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top