Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2023 12:05:21 PM EDT
hello folks.

I have an A2 listed and I received a question, well more of a challenge, about the color.

I believe this to be grey (more a grey/blue in person).  The challenger says its actually black.

What says you?  Please advise incase i need to modify my listing.

Pic by itself, pic with a H&R upper, and pic with a Colt upper (black) that has a greyish detachable carry handle.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an FN A2 upper that is about like this, more of a grey/blue as well.  Definitely not black by any standard.  Good luck with your listing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Let the guy buy it,or not. Anybody can look at the pic and decide for themselves?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an FN A2 upper that is about like this, more of a grey/blue as well.  Definitely not black by any standard.  Good luck with your listing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks!  I thought I was going crazy or was color blind.  I was even comparing to the classic A2 thread we have here

Quoted:
Let the guy buy it,or not. Anybody can look at the pic and decide for themselves?

While I agree, I don't think they will be a buyer.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
You could also just post a comparison pic in the listing too, maybe include a modern black.  If the Colt you posted is modern black the harsh light is causing deception. Maybe a softer light on it.

But either way, it’s not modern black, and even then there are shades of that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You could also just post a comparison pic in the listing too, maybe include a modern black.  If the Colt you posted is modern black the harsh light is causing deception. Maybe a softer light on it.

But either way, it’s not modern black, and even then there are shades of that.
View Quote

Ok, good idea on the softer lighting pics.  Maybe even natural light would be better.... not a photographer by any means.

Pics I posted above are just a few from the actual listing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

(And it's more gray than black).
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks gray to me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s immediately obvious to me that it’s gray just from looking at the rear sight. The contrast of the sight housing and windage knob, both of which are black / dark gray, with the receiver body color is readily apparent and should be to the potential buyer also.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!

The challenger backed off when I emailed them this thread link....

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top