Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 9:14:16 AM EDT
Some of you probably saw my thread about the stubborn barrel nut. After trying a number of things, I gave up and sent it to John at R.A.W. He did an excellent job and the turnaround was amazing. He received it on Friday and shipped back out the same day. It was delivered back to me the next Tuesday.

The work was flawless. I sent a new barrel nut and delta ring along with the A2 upper I was trying to move the barrel to. He removed the FSB, removed the barrel nut delta ring, used the new one to install the barrel on the new upper and reinstalled the pinned FSB.

Also, this was a dissipator with mid-length low profile gas block, so he dimpled the barrel and reinstalled that. I sent the bolt I'm going to use on it and he did a complementary headspace check as well.

He will be my go-to for future work for sure. Thanks to those here who recommended him.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
First class shop.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
John does excellent work!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These guys?

https://www.retroarms.com/
View Quote

Negative.

HERE
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve sent him 3-4 barrels in the past and he had them all headed back the same day he received them. Always satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
John’s work is excellent and his turnaround time is unbelievable, no grass grows under his feet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I mailed him a barrel to have the FSB drilled and pinned, and opted to just have him assemble the entire upper. Can't wait to get home and see it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top