Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2022 7:57:26 AM EDT
Now this maybe old news to some people, but it was news to me.  Might be some folks here that may be in the same boat.  Last Friday I got an email from KM Tactical offering me these: https://kmtactical.net/product/nickel-boron-5-56-bolt-carrier-group-bcg/  Well, I thought it was a pretty good deal, and from looking at the picture they looked fairly shiny, and not like the dull looking ones that look like they've been coated with aluminum paint. Ask me how I know. So I took a chance and ordered 2.  6 days later which is today, they show up at my front door!  Talk about FAST!  I'm Happy to say the least.  

There are a lot of nickle boron bolts out there in the internet, but not that many under $100 from what I've seen.  I was just about ready to fork out $120 for one.  Glad I waited.
They don't shine like a nickeled Colt SAA, but they're shiny enough for me.

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought THIS upper receiver from them. I was really impressed with it and their service. I ordered the regular one and meant to order the PCC one. They swapped it no problem in a hurry.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
AIM Surplus site sponsor less than 100 right now. https://aimsurplus.com/aim-ar-m16-223-5-56-nib-9310-mpi-bolt-carrier-group/
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:51:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PHMDLJR] [#3]
5 cents.  Wooppee fart. Those look to have that satin finish look which is what I was ranting about in my first post.  No mirrow shine.  Give me that shine, dammitt! lol  With all due respect sir.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:22:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jos51700] [#4]
I still have a pile of Chinese bullshit that I got from KM Tactical. Buffer tubes that aren't finished all the way through so the buffer springs bind up. Buffer springs that have too many coils and stack up so the bolt never catches. Gas blocks with the holes drilled too small for the roll pins. Buffer weights with a plastic tip that mushroomed after 30 rounds. He took back the bolt carrier that looked like it was shaped on a bench grinder. I did some work for Kyle (the K in KM) and he paid me in gun parts that were fucking garbage.
Plus selling my friends uppers at a gun show that were supposed to be 300 Blackout but had .223 barrels in 'em.

Fuck KM tactical. The reviews on Youtube and elsewhere speak for themselves.
https://youtu.be/6c2hr_FyvmA
https://youtu.be/gv3a9hFWu7A
https://youtu.be/DiZSaio_0OI
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:53:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PHMDLJR] [#5]
Jesus!  I've had zero problems with their products.  Guess I'm just lucky.

And those bolts don't look or feel like chinees junk, No grinding marks to be seen dude.  period!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:29:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#7]
OP's pic:

Attachment Attached File

Eta: Another possibility HERE
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:11:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gtsteve03] [#8]
I would recommend the PSA premium NIB BCG on sale here:

PSA Premium NIB BCG

I have 2 of them and both are slick and shiny and have functioned perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:
I would recommend the PSA premium NIB BCG on sale here:

PSA Premium NIB BCG

I have 2 of them and both are slick and shiny and have functioned perfectly.
View Quote

And C158.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#10]
While I have bought stuff from KM Tactical, you do have to watch them. They are known for showing OEM parts and them will send you cheap aftermarket parts instead. I've had this happen to me a few times. Luckily it was nothing critical - Glock mag catches.

How they cover themselves is they have in super tiny print that they will substitute if the part you want is not in stock.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:30:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#11]
Originally Posted By PHMDLJR:
5 cents.  Wooppee fart. Those look to have that satin finish look which is what I was ranting about in my first post.  No mirrow shine.  Give me that shine, dammitt! lol  With all due respect sir.
View Quote

I was just supporting a site sponsoring vendor. You know instead of people that may not support this site. If you really got to have a lower price might try Surplus Ammo's web site. I think they have one under 90 but it might be out of stock right now. The one under 100 appears to be in stock. Got to save that penny you like know. Of course, I always check the shine for bling factor level 7 before a purchase.
Lordy with a little polish could this under 90 dollar one be made to shine?  https://alexprofab.com/product/223-5-56-300-bcg-nb-blem/ ? Nickles nickels nickels I love the sound of nickels. A penny saved is a penny earned?

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
A satin finish retains lube better...
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I have had nothing but good luck and fast customer service from them. Kudos to KMT!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Paxdad:
I have had nothing but good luck and fast customer service from them. Kudos to KMT!!
View Quote

I have some bullshit KMT parts I'll sell you, since you like 'em so much.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#15]
This should never have been moved here. 60 day rule.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top