Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2021 5:09:04 PM EDT
So I have a set of #22 mounts but they are the low and won’t work on my MOD 0, I know where a newer set are but they have the lever stops on them. My question is, can I drive the small roll pin out and remove the actual ring mounts off of the base and swap them out with the newer ones? The newer ones are mediums which I need.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone confirm, I had the same idea, but I believe the height is determined by the base of the ring.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone confirm, I had the same idea, but I believe the height is determined by the base of the ring.
View Quote

I agree about that, but it appears the the ing and the base of the ring are one piece, and that the base is another. I see that there is a small roll pin that obviously holds something in place. My question is can a remove the roll pin and separate those two pieces, I know where a newer set of medium rings are but they have that ugly non correct lever stop. I know where a set of later model mediums and if I could swap they would be correct unless you looked under the bottom where it’s 22 Low.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The rings and the base are separate pieces.  The rings are steal and the base is aluminum.  The bottom half-ring has a dovetail that mates with the top of the base and is held in place by a roll pin.

It is the base of the mount that determines the height that the scope is mounted.

Medium.

Low.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The rings and the base are separate pieces.  The rings are steal and the base is aluminum.  The bottom half-ring has a dovetail that mates with the top of the base and is held in place by a roll pin.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28568/arms_22_base_roll_pin_002_resized-1844820.jpg

It is the base of the mount that determines the height that the scope is mounted.

Medium.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28568/arms_22_Medium_01b-1844821.jpg

Low.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28568/arms_number_22_low_rings_03b-1844822.jpg

View Quote

Great thank you. That makes sense, I should have looked more closely, but without any others to compare it with, I wasn’t sure.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top