Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2021 2:19:12 PM EDT
I know there have been a lot of folks who got on with the 9x39 pretty early and are (still) waiting for some decent mags.  The 9x39 has been largely no different than any other "oddball" caliber in the AR platform.  I remember when there weren't any 6.8spc mags, 6.5 grendel, 7.62x39, etc.  The 9x39 has been no different.

I was fortunate to have gotten one of the D&H 10 round 2020 shotshow beta mags, but D&H has announced that they're (finally) going to be releasing the 20 rounders this month according to their website and instagram.

Sadly, it looks like the introductory prices are going to be along the same lines as the 9x39 CSSpecs AK mags at around $50 a pop.  That has given me a serious case of sticker shock guys. I'm seriously hoping this goes down soon.

Nevertheless, brownells is now allowing backorders (preorder) for the 20's if anyone else is interested.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a few.. not happy about the price increase from $18.99 to $49.99 overnight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I wasn't happy about that either.  I planned on getting a few, but after the price more than doubled all at once, that didn't happen.  

I don't know if the original $18 price was an estimate just to get the webpage built or what, but that did not go unnoticed from me and a few of my other buddies who also have 9x39's.

For the price, these better be good because I won't have any hesitation giving negative reviews if they're not.  That's not a threat.  I really want these to be good mags.  And if they are, I'll also gladly admit that too.  But I've never paid $50 for any mag that I own, and that even includes HK mags.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
After almost a 2 week delay in getting the mag from USPS/brownells, I was able to check it out yesterday evening.

It worked great with factory wolf ammo.

Not so great with my soft point handloads because they are getting hung up on the face of the mag and not loading properly.  

I have an email in to D&H and after seeing a few posts on their facebook, looks like a few others are having trouble with some of their handloads too, so I'm hoping for a solution because 99% of my shooting is done with the soft cor speer bullet.

Also, in looking at the difference between the 10 and 20 round mags, the face of both are different, which may be why my 10 round mag works well for me while using soft points, but the new 20 round doesn't.

Is anyone else using these mags yet?

What ammo are you using?

How have they been working

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Could you post a few more pictures of the two types of magazines? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I could, however, D&H is going to be making a minor change and I should be getting a different mag to test in the coming days.  So, the next run will be a little different.  Probably a hybrid of the two if I were guessing.

These worked flawless with commercial ammo.  But, was getting some failures with handloads and soft points, so D&H is trying to resolve that for those of us that are handloading for this round.

I appreciate that.  The mag was working great with factory loads but the fact that they want it to work with most every bullet profile, I respect that a lot.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top