Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2021 8:57:45 PM EDT
anyone built one yet?  be like a modern delisle destroyer or whatever they were called....

i guess my question is whether its "worth it"?  it should be quieter, no "port pop" etc, but with a heavy enough buffer that should be calmed down anyways?

i bought one of those cz 75 adapters from matador arms, ($110 on sale), and i have the ENDO mags, which are kinda more "functional" ..... whats interesting is the profile of the sw shield plus mags is real close to the cz 75. so i thought, hey, 2 guns that use the same mag in the AR style gun, ok fine i ll try one of these adapters now... mag catch is in hte same place... mags on plus are just a lil tapered on front so it doesnt lock as-is...

update:
dropped a round of 115 gr steel tula infront of  a stag 6.8 bolt face.  9" guard barrel.  evo 9 can with tirant baffles.  obviously super, but at my ear was real pleasant!  now, may try it ejecting it self tomorow to remind myself how it sounds....  whether its worht it or not.... maybe with a lh side chargin BCA upper...
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
anyone built one yet?  be like a modern delisle destroyer or whatever they were called....

i guess my question is whether its "worth it"?  it should be quieter, no "port pop" etc, but with a heavy enough buffer that should be calmed down anyways?

i bought one of those cz 75 adapters from matador arms, ($110 on sale), and i have the ENDO mags, which are kinda more "functional" ..... whats interesting is the profile of the sw shield plus mags is real close to the cz 75. so i thought, hey, 2 guns that use the same mag in the AR style gun, ok fine i ll try one of these adapters now... mag catch is in hte same place... mags on plus are just a lil tapered on front so it doesnt lock as-is...

update:
dropped a round of 115 gr steel tula infront of  a stag 6.8 bolt face.  9" guard barrel.  evo 9 can with tirant baffles.  obviously super, but at my ear was real pleasant!  now, may try it ejecting it self tomorow to remind myself how it sounds....  whether its worht it or not.... maybe with a lh side chargin BCA upper...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

update:
View Quote

So, if I understand all that... the next step is to drill a gas port and install a gb and tube to make it "radial delayed" semi?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Bumpski
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#5]
ya i pondered the 22tcm  in the past whene they were new but finding the machinist etc?   wanted "off the shelf" parts i guess...

gonna try in daylight today with the ENDO mags...

as far as adding gas tube:  the RDB design doesnt use gas... it just has the bolt lugs angled at 45 so it takes a second to unlock, after pressures lower?  9mm doesnt generate enough gas to make it run reliably... the rmw extreme and arkansas guy does em but its not easy.... rdb is plug and play...   so, my question was when you take  the appropriate 9mm faced bolt (5.45 ish) and you use it as a manually cycled gun, is the sound gains (suppressed) worht the extra farting around....

i used the 6.8, as thats what i had sitting around....  my buddy sent me pic of him blowed up a 45 lc black powder gun with plus p loads last night so i figured i wasnt doing anything that stupid and "risked it"
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been looking for a 5.45 BCG to use with my CMMG upper to turn it into a bolt action, but I can't find one anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been looking for a 5.45 BCG to use with my CMMG upper to turn it into a bolt action, but I can't find one anywhere.
View Quote
5.45 bolts in stock here:
http://www.redxarms.com/category-s/1876.htm
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I may have been the first person to post about doing this.....one thing to remember is that the factory 9mm CMMG bolts have the bottom two lugs close together to clear the feed lips of a Glock mag.  
If you try to use a 5.45 bolt with a Glock mag the lugs will hit the feed lips....I havent tried a CZ mag.   If you run Endomags, a 5.45 bolt clears no problem since the lug geometry is like a standard 556 bolt.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#9]
hahahha amphibian to the rescue!  tried it out last night again.  really to my ear i couldnt tell a difference...  manual vs RDB. i just gotta decide whether its worht the extra parts laying around.  

is there a source for a "RDB barrel" withouth the BCG?  could sell of course...
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
hahahha amphibian to the rescue!  tried it out last night again.  really to my ear i couldnt tell a difference...  manual vs RDB. i just gotta decide whether its worht the extra parts laying around.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I noticed it being quieter to me but I'm not a fan for a 'manual action' AR.  The environment varies a lot when shooting suppressed, indoors and outdoors.  Even in outdoors if it is in a valley or wooded areas.    
is there a source for a "RDB barrel" withouth the BCG?  could sell of course...
I had a custom RDB 9mm barrel made by 'Dead Shot barrels'.
I also had Rudy @Mad-Machinist make me a custom .45 RDB barrel.  Rudy can do the 9mm barrels also.

Are you saying that have an extra CMMG RDB barrel or you have a custom made one?
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#11]
i am using 9" cmmg barrel yes....

it would be cool to do a 9mm aug with  these parts

https://centerfiresystems.com/product/original-malaysian-steyr-aug-5.56x45-nato-rh-bullpup-rifle-parts-kit-w-cleaning-kit-surplus-good-condition-right-handed#product_detail
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't see a complete BCG on there; that is what I am really looking for to make it a quick change over.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I didn't see a complete BCG on there; that is what I am really looking for to make it a quick change over.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a big deal to just swap bolts with a 556 BCG.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top