Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2018 1:53:45 AM EDT
Okay I am a lefty and have a Supressor.  I like 9mm PDW and have had several ar pistols.  My issue has always been gas and powder to the face.  So should I look at a side charging upper or should I look for something completely different.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately shooting rapid fire or suppressed sucks for me as well since I’m a lefty. You can check out  Gibbz Arms
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Okay I am a lefty and have a Supressor.  I like 9mm PDW and have had several ar pistols.  My issue has always been gas and powder to the face.  So should I look at a side charging upper or should I look for something completely different.
View Quote

Are you a reloader? If so and you reload 9mm I would suggest a DI 9mm,  you can run factory ammo thru it but will need to clean the bolt  often since factory 9mm ammo is very dirty and gums up the bolt fast. But where the DI shines is when you use clean burning powders it runs a ton better. If you are interested contact Ron Williams at RMWXTREME.COM  I have 2 DI 9mm a 10.5" and a 5" that I am waiting on the ATF to approve my F4 for the suppressor.  The 5" will be suppressed all the time and is very quiet and since it is DI there is no gas to the face, recoil is nothing and is very accurate. Ron has several guys running his DI 9mm uppers in competition and they love them. If you go DI you can have it built with a standard upper or side charger (left handed as well) and use a Glock mag lower or use the Mean magpul mag conversion and use a standard lower it there are alot of options.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Lefty here.  Just picked up some more parts for my planned suppressed 9mm AR build.  Going to use a standard upper, I plan to mitigate gas with an old school RRA gas deflector, suppressor selection, and a Snatch charging handle that has the rear of the receiver covered.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I do reload.  Use HP38 powder right now.

Have maybe 2k 147 loaded up right now.

My can is a HTA GUARDIAN G2

I will try and reach out.  I have used the silicone and beEFYy CH before and want really successful.  Trying to stick with a 5” or so Barrel.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I do reload.  Use HP38 powder right now.

Have maybe 2k 147 loaded up right now.

My can is a HTA GUARDIAN G2

I will try and reach out.  I have used the silicone and beEFYy CH before and want really successful.  Trying to stick with a 5” or so Barrel.
View Quote
I have not used HP38,  so I don't know how clean it burns but if I get a chance I will speak to Ron and see if one of the guys using his DI 9mm in competition do? I have been using alot of AutoComp powder it gives good velocity and runs great with the 147gr and 165gr plated bullets.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top