Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:35:36 PM EDT
I haven’t seen an updated thread in a long time on triggers that are GTG in PCCs. List your confirmed triggers here that work in 9mms.

ALG ACT
Spikes NiB Trigger
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If a mod would be so kind as to un-archive the thread I did....we could continue to bump it and it would be spectacular.

ar15.com/forums/AR-15/The-complete-9mm-AR-trigger-thread-What-works-what-doesn-t-work-database-Please-add-yours-

_
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Geissele large pin colt, love that expensive motherfucker
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#3]
POF 4.5lb drop-in, works in a Spikes Glock 9 lower.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#4]
RRA NM in both my billet AR9s and SBR with Macon Armory mag block
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a nice .pdf from RRA that explains which hammer profiles will work with ramped and non-ramped bolts - RRA LAR-9® AND LAR-40® CONVERSION INFORMATION

If you understand how stuff works, you don't need a list...
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#6]
How about MBT?  Should all my AR's have MBT's, 22lr as well and use the heavy spring or will the light spring light strike the rimfire?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about MBT?  Should all my AR's have MBT's, 22lr as well and use the heavy spring or will the light spring light strike the rimfire?
View Quote
I don't think the MBT works well with 9mm. What type of 9mm upper and BCG are you running?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#8]
POF 4.5# drop in works in New Frontier Glock and MP5 lowers with PSA bolts
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I run ALG ACT in all my 9mm's. Runs perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#10]
POF works in EDC and PSA
Cmc had trouble resetting in the PSA.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#11]
CMC drop in style in my spikes/colt style mag block with a kaw valley precision upper.  Maybe 400 rounds through it in a couple small rang trips.  I plan to put a lot through it this week since my wife is away.  So far it is pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#12]
CMC Drop in didnt work with my Angstadt arms build.  I removed the weight to use the Armaspec spring set.  The  Velocity standard ar trigger works just fine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
The MBT didn’t work with my QC10 9mm bolt.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#14]
i think, if you're talking about Colt-pattern, the main issue is whether your bolt is shallower than a standard mil-spec bolt at the pickup lug.  Most 9mm bolts are shallower, to make manufacturing easier, to clear the feed ramp.  Therefore they have trigger reset issues with non-USGI mil-spec type triggers.  the hammer doesn't get pushed down as far.  perhaps .040".

in the pic below, compare the pickup lug of the bolt in the front with the pickup lug of the 2 rearward bolts.  pickup lug is the bottom of the bolt that picks up the next round out of the magazine to load it up the feed ramp.  it has to clear the feed ramp as it goes into battery.

I have no experience with Glock-pattern 9mm ARs.

gee whiz, i'm getting a lot of mileage out of this photo, unintended.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i think, if you're talking about Colt-pattern, the main issue is whether your bolt is shallower than a standard mil-spec bolt at the pickup lug.  Most 9mm bolts are shallower, to make manufacturing easier, to clear the feed ramp.  Therefore they have trigger reset issues with non-USGI mil-spec type triggers.  the hammer doesn't get pushed down as far.  perhaps .040".

in the pic below, compare the pickup lug of the bolt in the front with the pickup lug of the 2 rearward bolts.  pickup lug is the bottom of the bolt that picks up the next round out of the magazine to load it up the feed ramp.  it has to clear the feed ramp as it goes into battery.

I have no experience with Glock-pattern 9mm ARs.

https://i.imgur.com/SljYCbV.jpg
gee whiz, i'm getting a lot of mileage out of this photo, unintended.
View Quote
That pic does a great job of explaining why many triggers won't work. Who makes the bolt at the bottom of the picture?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That pic does a great job of explaining why many triggers won't work. Who makes the bolt at the bottom of the picture?
View Quote
that particular 9mm bolt is from Foxtrot Mike, the FM-9, advertised as a Colt-only bolt.  I think they also have a Glock version.

that little extra bump that facilitates trigger reset is also found on the current gen Faxon 9mm bolt, and also the Brownells 9mm bolt.

Brownells 9mm AR BCG

Faxon Gen 2 9mm BCG at Brownells

Foxtrot Mike FM-9 bolt at Brownells
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I just picked up a Foxtrot Mike bolt for colt style from dsgarms.com for $79.00 free shipping.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
The MBT worked with my Spinita bolt, at least so far.
I have a feeding issue with full colt mags to sort out but haven't had the time to shoot lately.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Foxtrot mike COLT bolt works with POF 4.5 drop in and HK MP5 mags from NFArmory lower and upper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Franklin Armory BFSIII works with an NFA bolt at least
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Geiselle sd3g with QC10 bolt

but its so light you can burst it if you get the reset right

and trigger and bolt combo are what make a pcc run right
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Faxon gen2 bolt and trigger by Triggertech work like a charm.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Geissele G2S in mine. I have a Colt bolt that I had ramped. It's been running great so far. I have about 4k rds on it so far.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I was figuring the MBT would work in my PSA.  Guess not?

Maybe I'll spring for the ALG but I really like the MBTs in everything.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#25]
The closer the hammer is - both in front profile and height when forward - to an M16 hammer, the better a trigger will run.

Many 2-stage triggers have problems with 9mm ARs because their hammer profile doesn’t properly interface with the bolt.  Others have problems because the hammer is shorter and isn’t fully cocked by the bolt.

There’s one rather nagging problem though: there are enough variations between lowers and bolts that some of the fancier triggers will work with some guns.

For a fairly close guarantee of functioning, anything that looks pretty close to a standard semi-auto FCG is your best bet.  I have run my 9s with generic semi-auto FCGs and with ALG’s ACT triggers without a glitch.  But just looking at my brand new LaRue MBT, I can see that it isn’t going to play nice...

Edited to fix some tags...
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Which binary trigger works best with a Colt style 9mm? I have a DDLES Colt lower with a Colt 635 upper

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I run ALG ACT in all my 9mm's. Runs perfectly.
View Quote
I assume the ALG QMS works as well?
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I assume the ALG QMS works as well?
View Quote
Since both the ACT and QMS are shaped exactly like standard FCGs, yes the QMS should work perfectly as well.  As I mentioned earlier, the closer the hammer shape is to a standard semi auto hammer, the more likely a FCG is to work with a 9mm AR.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
 But just looking at my brand new LaRue MBT, I can see that it isn’t going to play nice...
View Quote
GH
Did you get a chance to try the MBT ??
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
GH
Did you get a chance to try the MBT ??
View Quote
Only in my Strike Industries jig.  WOW is that a nice trigger.

I haven't decided what lower to put it in yet, but I'm leaning toward putting it in my Sig 716.  It uses a standard AR trigger, and the stock trigger isn't too bad, but I'm sure it will shoot better with the MBT.  Then I just have to get some time to take it to the range.

Added:  I put the MBT in my Sig 716, and it's amazing.  I'm hoping to hit the range this week with it, and if I can do that, I'll report back.

While it's a shame the MBT (and all the other 2-stage triggers I've looked at) won't work with my 9mm ARs, I think I'll be happy with the ALG ACTs I have in them.  I put in the purple, lighter hammer springs, and they are now even smoother and lighter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone tried one of the Elftmann AR-9 triggers?  I would like to try one in my Spike’s Glock AR , but don’t really want to waste money if it won’t work.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top