my 2 9mm ar's
https://i.postimg.cc/J4g623Jb/IMG-20200923-155044-114.jpg
View Quote

That 633 is nice! 😉👍
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
I can’t remember if I’ve posted this one again since changing configuration. Inspired by an RO635.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146/8D8EE539-80FF-459C-A599-B61C11B10DF4-1930364.jpg
View Quote

Nice! Mine's on page one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Sold the Colt 635 upper here on the EE. Replaced the upper with a new upper off the EE.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DS-11B] [#5]
Just got done with this one today. I have my rifle suppressor attached for how it WILL look once the stamp on my Lunar 9 comes back but it's roughly the same size. I also need to swap the trigger out before I shoot it because the Geissele isn't gonna work. Trying out a HiperFire DM trigger and ALG ACT trigger whenever those get here. I'll probably just throw a mil-spec trigger in there until those arrive. I'm most curious about the hiperfire trigger though.

Anyway, Micro T2, Spikes upper, lower, and BCG, MI SP rail, Magpul M-lok covers and hand stop, MBUS Pro BUIS, Battle Arms Vert PDW stock, BCM Gunfighter grip, Stern Glock mag block, Magpul 26rd Glock mag, Strike Industries LPK, and Streamlight Protac light. I think that's everything.

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
My  (I think) post-ban 6450:

https://imgur.com/agOAkSW

https://imgur.com/WC9HqwK
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:10:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maxwellquarantini] [#8]
double post
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Still need BCG and barrel.

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 10:38:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#10]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone running a Lancer 6” or 8” Carbon Fiber rail with their 5” 9mm suppressed build?

I recently picked up a CMMG Radial Delayed bolt and 5” barrel kit. Below is it mocked up with my Rugged Obsidian 45 on a ILWT 3 lug under a KAC 10.75” URX4

I’m debating going with a shorter and fatter rail to slide a YHM R9 under with 3 lug. Debating how good a Lancer CF rail would look.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:32:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RyanH] [#12]
I would love to get a SilencerCo can on this pistol. 😬
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 3:14:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lsujim] [#13]

My newest SBR. Its not a 100% clone but I like it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]

CMMG MK9 RDB with YHM R9
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:36:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#15]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

What length barrel are you looking for?

and tell me about that rail/handguard.

@Alien
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Originally Posted By Alien:
Still need BCG and barrel.

https://i.imgur.com/nLicDLl.jpg

What length barrel are you looking for?

and tell me about that rail/handguard.

@Alien
@Cincinnatus

I'll be using an 8" the barrel and RDB BCG (which I have ordered, but CMMG's shipping times are measured in months at the moment). It should just barely stick out past the handguard which is a Sampson Evolution 7 inch key mod handguard (I don't care for keymod but it doesn't matter for this purpose) with a real MP5SD handguard slipped over it.

You have to cut out a notch for the MP5SD handguard so that it slips over it all the way and I'll need to use a set screw to properly secure it, but it's a near perfect fit with this handguard. I'm waiting for my YHM R9 suppressor to get out of jail.

The stock is a CMMG ripstock. I feel like it's the best compromise for a short collapsible stock and the overall shape is similar enough. Ideally I would have liked a Noveske Ghetto Blaster stock but the uppers are proprietary and I don't know if the RDB BCG will work with the buffer tube.

I also just ordered an Aero Precision 9mm EPC upper, but it's going to require some modification to the inside to allow the cam pin to rotate. Even if I stick with the regular M4E1 receiver, it will still need the ejection port widened regardless.

I'll be using PMAG conversion kits instead of Glock mags.

The end goal is to to have an MP5SD knockoff for a fraction of the price (delayed blowback and all). Coincidentally the R9 is the same length and width as a real MP5SD suppressor sticking out of the handguard.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:35:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#16]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MRTEX] [#17]
Attachment Attached File

My aero EPC 9 build. Sorry for erasing the brace. My sba3 is beat up and ugly and not worthy of this new build.
Range report to follow.

Upper:
Aero epc upper
Aero 8.3 barrel
BCM 8” mcmr
Toolcraft Gen 2 bcg
Vg6 epsilon
Bcm large latch charging handle
Bcm handstop

Lower:
Epc lower
Epc 9 lpk less fcg
ALG act trigger
Aero enhanced buffer tube
Aero 7.7 buffer
Sprinco blue, and normal carbine springs
Bad ass pro selector
Ergo Tdx grip

Toys:
Cloud defensive hlx kit
Holosun 403b on ADM lower 1/3 QR mount.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 1:54:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:35:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bobfig] [#19]
Originally Posted By DD73:
View Quote

here you go little buddy
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:55:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HUCK70] [#20]
I finally got all my parts together to finish my Aero Precision EPC build. Here are the specs:

- Aero EPC-9 Upper Receiver
- 7.3" ATLAS R-ONE Handguard
- 8.3" 9mm CMV Barrel
- VG6 GAMMA 9mm muzzle device
- Toolcraft BCG, got tired of waiting on the Aero BCG to be in stock.
- BCM charging handle

- Aero EPC lower
- Aero EPC LPK w/ hardened hammer and trigger pins
- FCG that I had in my spare parts bin
- Aero buffer tube
- Aero 7.7 oz buffer
- Aero .308 Carbine Buffer Spring
- MOE grip
- SBA3 pistol brace

It went together without any issues. The only hangup was finding a BCG, I wanted the Aero one but I couldn't find it in stock. I did some reading and ask some questions and decided on the Toolcraft BCG based on my previous experience with them. I ran 24 rounds of mixed ball ammo thru it this afternoon to sight it in and see how it functions. It took 6 rounds to zero the dot, seems accurate at 15 yds. The next 18 rounds went into a 2" spotter. It ran great, the bolt did lock back on the second to last round and then after the last round. I am very happy with how it turned out and how it shoots.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:02:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DD73] [#21]
Thanks Bobfig!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Build info:

Spartan 9mm upper & lower
Kaw Valley BCG
Kaw Valley Pistol buffer tube
Buffer, changed several times and can't remember what finally worked
Faxon 8.5" tapered 9mm barrel
BCM handguard
BCM trigger assembly
BCM angled foregrip
BCM gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle
Cry Havoc assembly
Law Tactical folding assembly
FAB folding pistol grip
AERO sights
Odin Works extended mag release
Bad-Ass safety
BFG "one" sling with tri-glide
Not shown in the photo is a Trijicon MRO with LaRue QD mount

It all fits in the ammo can perfectly and runs like a top.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCCnGA] [#23]

This one is actually the first AR I've put together from scratch.

Jacob Gray receiver set
Ranier Arms 6" match grade, BCG, handstop
SLR 5" Ion lite
Griffin taper mount EZ brake
Kynshot buffer
Rock River pistol buffer tube
Hiperfire Xtreme
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:49:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hemanpa] [#26]
First time member and poster, long time lurker. Scrolled through 80 pages to finally find another user of the Sylvan Arms block. How do you like it? It’s a step up for me from Endomags, which I have to admit ran perfectly for me so I’m keeping a couple of converted Pmags in my parts bin.

But I was tired of dealing with the magazine ejector and with the soft plastic feed lips I didn’t feel comfortable leaving them loaded in the safe between range trips like I do Glock mags. As of right now at this price point trading away LRBHO to get a more practical magazine option and an ejector in the gun seemed reasonable.

Put the first 120 rounds through my 16” FM9 with it installed yesterday with a single ftf on a speer Good Dot jhp. Otherwise perfect on Remington hollowpoints and various FMJ. Promags worked well, OEM glock functioned but a little tight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/23/2021 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#29]

factory Colt SMG upper on Colt carbine lower... I added the Magpul stuff and the carry handle T-2 mount - as much as I like the retro look, this rifle is too much fun to shoot without the improved ergo and sighting this set up gives...

my new favorite blaster...
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#31]
My first integrally suppressed gun.  Built around 11 years ago now.

Unknown round count and a joy to shoot.  Still chugging along.

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Love it
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#33]
For those of you using Glock mags.  Have you seen any real difference in aftermarkets in an AR9 vs OEM?  I have a couple stick OEM mags but I have a shit ton of ETS mags I got early on for a song and didn't want to have to buy 10 or more $40 OEM mags.  

I have not had any issues with the ETS on range trips but I run OEM in my Glocks.  I know OEM is best but like I said above I don't want to have to buy a bunch more.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I run ETS in mine. No problems. PSA 10.5 AR pistol.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By bubba497h2:
I run ETS in mine. No problems. PSA 10.5 AR pistol.
View Quote

I know oem is best in a glock but didn’t know if it translated to an AR. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#37]
I went ahead and assembled my lower. Still waiting for the RDB bolt carrier group and barrel from CMMG since June and my suppressor stamp since April.

I still need to modify the upper by removing material so the cam pin can rotate though.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 7:45:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nico556] [#38]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I went ahead and assembled my lower. Still waiting for the RDB bolt carrier group and barrel from CMMG since June and my suppressor stamp since April.

I still need to modify the upper by removing material so the cam pin can rotate though.

https://i.imgur.com/z9tjkei.jpg
View Quote

My RDB bolt-barrel set took 7 months.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:54:50 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

This is PCC perfection.  I absolutely love it...  What upper and rail is that?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emandude] [#41]
Nothin fancy.

16 inch FM9 upper on PSA lower with 7.5 ounce Macon Armory buffer, carbine spring. Stern Defense Ad 9.

For anybody who wondered, yes you absolutely can make a Foxtrotmike upper work with the stern without sending the bolt in for cutting, just as a couple youtubers have said. Involves a bit more fussing with the adjustments but can be done.

Install adapter in lower. Once the mag catch button has it, push down from the top while tightening in place. Then close upper. I found this allows closed upper and cycling of the bolt interference free. Installing the block with the upper closed didn’t work. Installing with the upper off and them tightening without pushing down didn’t give me proper fit. Something about tightening the wedge brace that pushes into the mag block with the upper pushed down is what gets me the extra hair of needed clearance. The tightening of the tension screws creates the clearance. If you just put the thing in there and try to close the upper without working all the tension screws the bolt won’t move.

Runs even my super aggressive profile IMI 115 grain without a problem. Built in feed ramp on the stern is key.

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/what-did-you-shoot-today.33286/page-137#lg=thread-33286&slide=0
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 10/12/2021 3:05:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#43]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

@Jlgil73

It's an Aero Precision 9mm upper. It has to be modified to work with a CMMG RDB BCG. The rail is a Samson Evolution keymod rail (7" I think). It's a near perfect fit for the HK MP5SD handguard to slip over (which means it doesn't matter if you get a keymod or Mlok).

Yeah it's going to look sweet when I finally get my barrel & BCG (been waiting for 5 months?) and my suppressor which is a perfect match dimensional match for the diameter and length of the section of the MP5SD suppressor that sticks out past the MP5SD handguard. Suppressor stamp should be here sometime next month. Who knows when CMMG will ship my parts though.

Link Posted: 10/12/2021 3:06:14 AM EDT
[#44]

KAWAII AF!

What stock is that?
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

KAWAII AF!

What stock is that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

KAWAII AF!

What stock is that?

Dead Foot Arms SCW 2.5
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Just need a trigger to complete this lower.  What should I get?  Will a standard mil-spec trigger work ok?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Just waiting on the Railscales Anchor to come back in stock and this little guy will be done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By IRA:
Build info:

Spartan 9mm upper & lower
Kaw Valley BCG
Kaw Valley Pistol buffer tube
Buffer, changed several times and can't remember what finally worked
Faxon 8.5" tapered 9mm barrel
BCM handguard
BCM trigger assembly
BCM angled foregrip
BCM gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle
Cry Havoc assembly
Law Tactical folding assembly
FAB folding pistol grip
AERO sights
Odin Works extended mag release
Bad-Ass safety
BFG "one" sling with tri-glide
Not shown in the photo is a Trijicon MRO with LaRue QD mount

It all fits in the ammo can perfectly and runs like a top.

http://i.imgur.com/a2c33tx.jpg
View Quote

oh damn.  that's cool AF.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 84
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top