Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2020 7:01:36 PM EDT
I bought a FM 9MM lower recently, building the lower seems kinda straightfoward just like a ar15 so no questions there, well maybe (see below)

As for the upper I really wanted to stay short barrel to easily stow away in a bag. I could grab the 7" upper and be done because it comes wit ha trilug barrel and i'm interested in trying to keep a trilug for the addition of a surefire can in the future.

But in my mind staying shorter, especially since its a 9mm build, a 5" won't affect the shootability of it, therefore I contacted FM about their upper configurations and what they sell at PA and AimSurplus are different products.  In any case they are referring me to purchase  THIS and then getting a gemtech can that'll fit under that handguard and onto that blast diffuser.  It's a 1/2 36 thread, now I have no knowledge of gemtech cans but from reading it seems pretty decent.  Do I really need a trilug supressor? Because the other option is to grab one of these and then can get a tri-lug on it (or if i wanted maybe a different adapter for a 1/2 28 can?  (like this?)

opinions? thoughts?

Second part of the question:

was looking at this for my sba brace, kind of to make the pistol a bit easier to stow away, any real downfalls?  If I use this how does the buffer and spring get cycled since it's closed ended?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't speak as to the Gemtech, but as far as that folder adapter you can not use that style.  It is NOT AR compatible.  A Law folder (or Sylvan, Hera or some other brand) is what you need.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 2:00:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 9mm SBR that started life with a handguard over the can and a 1/2-28 direct thread adapter.  I now have a 4.5' bbl and 4" handguard with a three lug.  Way better than guessing if the can has come loose or getting the adapter to spin off the can under the handguard.  Also, under the handguard sucks because it limits you to only ever shooting with the can.

Fits nicely in a rigid tool case.

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 9mm SBR that started life with a handguard over the can and a 1/2-28 direct thread adapter.  I now have a 4.5' bbl and 4" handguard with a three lug.  Way better than guessing if the can has come loose or getting the adapter to spin off the can under the handguard.  Also, under the handguard sucks because it limits you to only ever shooting with the can.

Fits nicely in a rigid tool case.
View Quote

Quite a setup!! Did the case come with the foam insert? If not, where did you obtain the foam?
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I, too, really like your setup and want more information on the case. Looks like I see some "picked" foam in the picture.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top