Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2020 5:07:36 PM EDT
As said in title which would you buy.
Just using it as range plinking ammo from a g2c.
I shoot brass in my better guns.
Same price from sgammo.
Thanx
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't imagine there being a noticeable difference, with both being made by the same manufacturer.

Personally I would buy the Wolf made by Barnaul, but for plinking it really shouldn't make much of a difference.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
If choosing between those 2 I would take the Tula made Wolf.

I have never liked the silver zinc plated bullets of the Tula Ammo.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Wolf has been manufactured by Barnaul since 2009ish.  Id take Barnaul over Tula any day.

Ive got a little Tula manuf Wolf .223. Left over from early 09.  Gets stuck quite often.  Apparenlty they had a few lots make it out of QA with bad heat treating on the casings.

Edit-found 9mm Wolf made by "TCW" which is apparently Tula Cartridge Works.  Id be wary.   Id at least call and ask for a lot number from the box and see if theyre trying to off load 10 or 12 year old stock.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wolf has been manufactured by Barnaul since 2009ish.  Id take Barnaul over Tula any day.

Ive got a little Tula manuf Wolf .223. Left over from early 09.  Gets stuck quite often.  Apparenlty they had a few lots make it out of QA with bad heat treating on the casings.

Edit-found 9mm Wolf made by "TCW" which is apparently Tula Cartridge Works.  Id be wary.   Id at least call and ask for a lot number from the box and see if theyre trying to off load 10 or 12 year old stock.
View Quote
Thanks to all that posted.

I shoot wolf steel 223(barnaul) alot,never a problem. And I know the .223 is barnual, as you do.
I also shoot  tula(both colors) .223 but dont shoot as much as i find the wolf a little more accurate and a little hotter.
I have shot the older tula 9mm(with the copper wash) without a problem.
Never shot the newer tula vampire 9mm or the wolf made by tula so just wondered if it was ok.
I may call and ask if its mixed lots old with new etc because add says may come in gold or silver.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Brass 9mm is so close in price per round compared to steel cased I just shoot brass in everything 9mm.

I have no problem shooting steel or aluminum cased ammo, but when the price is close I go with brass.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#6]
FWIW, I shot some of the Tula .380 with the zinc plated jacket and it left a lot of fouling in the barrel. I would avoid that jacket material if it were me...

Anyone else notice this?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#7]
The Tula 9mm works fine in all my 9mm handguns but does leave a lot of fouling in the barrel.  I have to use a lead removal cloth patch to remove it.

I'm buying brass or aluminum now, no more Tula.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top