Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 10:14:56 AM EDT
I did my first 80% the other day with the 5D jig. Came out great except there seems to be a bit of side to side play at the rear take down. Its not much but Im guessing its due to lack of built up anadozing in this part after the process. Is there a good way to shim this area?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the lowers I have used except one type had the rear pocket at the pin already done. Since the plate on the top of the type jig I used never perfectly lined up with the pocket I just stopped cuting any further to the rear than needed so the anodizing does not get removed or the pocket cut any bigger on the un-anodized ones.
If it was not to much a coating like aluma hyde may be thick enough to close it up some.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of the lowers I have used except one type had the rear pocket at the pin already done. Since the plate on the top of the type jig I used never perfectly lined up with the pocket I just stopped cuting any further to the rear than needed so the anodizing does not get removed or the pocket cut any bigger on the un-anodized ones.
If it was not to much a coating like aluma hyde may be thick enough to close it up some.
View Quote
I'll try going short on the next one and see if that helps
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top