Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2022 10:18:45 AM EDT
Who, if anyone, is currently offering 80% re-profiling services? I’ve contacted Mr. Brace but haven’t heard back. Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Roger Donley.
I've met him, he's a pro.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who, if anyone, is currently offering 80% re-profiling services? I’ve contacted Mr. Brace but haven’t heard back. Thanks for any help
View Quote

why can't you do it yourself...you have to finish it anyway

a couple I'm working on...
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@HenryKnoxFineBooks
View Quote

Have not had to go there because NoDak supplied the need. With the buyout from PSA, having to reprofile XM and possibly A1 lowers in now a thing again. One big step backward for the retro community.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Have not had to go there because NoDak supplied the need. With the buyout from PSA, having to reprofile XM and possibly A1 lowers in now a thing again. One big step backward for the retro community.
View Quote

Given they'll be producing new H&R correct lowers, and eventually new retro parts and possibly Garands, I think you're missing the several giant steps forward Mike's taking.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Given they'll be producing new H&R correct lowers, and eventually new retro parts and possibly Garands, I think you're missing the several giant steps forward Mike's taking.
View Quote

This is a H&R correct lower

The Garands won't have correct H&R markings either, they will be marked to comply to ATF manufacturing requirements.

One of our members here turned out a more accurate H&R retro lower than PSA is going to produce.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you guys for the help. @HenryKnoxFineBooks do you offer the service? @crackedcornish I’m going for perfection (in my eyes) on this rifle and I’d rather not use this one for my first attempt.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't do reprofiling and have yet to get into the engraving realm.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#9]
The Man of Brace did a really nice job on mine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I am now finding myself in the same boat.  I need an A1 reprofiled.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I could do it if you have a cad model of an a1 receiver.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Any recommendations on the best 80% lower for a reprofiling project? I’d sure like to come into a partial fence A1 lower
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Depending on the source of the lower - you will probably end up with one of these three types. IMO, the type on the left would be the easiest to reprofile.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#14]
OST
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top