Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2020 9:57:31 AM EDT
I have an 80% lower on the way, and I can't find drill jig anywhere online. WTF? Is is Corona or California?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
5D Tactical had them in stock a day or so ago. Got an email sale flyer from them showing in stock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Drill jig maybe Juggernaught Tactical?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have an 80% lower on the way, and I can't find drill jig anywhere online. WTF? Is is Corona or California?
View Quote

I have a Broken Arms drill press jig that is really nice as far as those go.  That said, I am a fan of the trim router based jigs.  I have the older Modulus HD jig, but most people these days like either the 5D, newer Modulus or the current model 80% Arms EZ jig.

https://www.brokenarmory.com/product/ar15-lower-receiver-jig-jig-15/

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a Broken Arms drill press jig that is really nice as far as those go.  That said, I am a fan of the trim router based jigs.  I have the older Modulus HD jig, but most people these days like either the 5D, newer Modulus or the current model 80% Arms EZ jig.

https://www.brokenarmory.com/product/ar15-lower-receiver-jig-jig-15/

View Quote

I have used the Broken Arms drill/mill type jig with good results. I would have posted it instead but did not scroll far enough down the page when I was on the site looking for it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I was looking at the Modulus Arms jig. You can use any 80% lower in it. Some manufacturers of jigs only allow you to use their 80% lowers. I don't like that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
5D Tactical had them in stock a day or so ago. Got an email sale flyer from them showing in stock.
View Quote

Wow... The 5D Tactical jig is identical to the Modulus Arms jig. The Modulus jig is red, the 5D is blue. Otherwise it's the same exact drill jig.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was looking at the Modulus Arms jig. You can use any 80% lower in it. Some manufacturers of jigs only allow you to use their 80% lowers. I don't like that.
View Quote

Modulus was one of the first to advertise as being "universal".  Several others also do now, in several cases using designs similar to what Modulus did.  That said, normal forged lowers are already pretty universal and you can mostly mix and match any brand.  It is the billet lowers that vary more, but that being said, a lot are very similar, enough so that even with the old style non-"universal" jigs you can often still use different brands of lowers in them.  Even more so often with some minor fitment mods.  But anyway, most of the trim router jigs these days are "universal", and even a lot of the drill press jigs are too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wow... The 5D Tactical jig is identical to the Modulus Arms jig. The Modulus jig is red, the 5D is blue. Otherwise it's same exact drill jig.
View Quote

I've never heard the exact whole story, but I think the jigs were designed by the same person(s).  Modulus came out with their original universal jig (I had one, it was pretty good), then their HD jig (better, it is the one I use now) then they sort of disappeared for a while then the 5D came out and then Modulus re-appeared with the new jig that was nearly identical to the 5D.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The only difference I was saw was the 5D has lees adjustment lines when changing the mill bit depth. Modulus has very many adjustment lines. 5D about half.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got the 5-D & really like it, but it's a router jig, not a drill jig.  The Modulus arms one is nearly identical, but they don't offer just the AR-15 version by itself you have to buy the combo AR15/AR10 version, with 5-D you can buy either version by itself or the combo version.  I originally bought the AR-15 version & later bought the parts to make AR-10's as well.  Looks like both 5D & Modulus have jigs in stock, not sure about who has drill jigs in stock.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I plan on buying the 5D. the Modulus show theirs is on back order.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I plan on buying the 5D. the Modulus show theirs is on back order.
View Quote

Did you read the top line on the 5D web page?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you read the top line on the 5D web page?
View Quote

I don't know of a single gun related site that doesn't have something similar on their site, but I've been getting most of the stuff I order in 2 weeks or less.  Maybe it will take them that full 4-8 weeks, who knows, but if I had stopped ordering stuff when those started popping up in early/mid march, I'd be going bonkers by now.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#17]
some states are working on legislation to ban 80%, so jig orders went through the roof, arfcommers trying to beat the date the law passes, and then sales no longer allowed to their states.  5D was prioritizing deliveries to those states since they had the hard deadline.

my friends' 5D Tactical jig took 5 weeks for order fulfillment, that was 2 months ago, before 'rona, now all bets are off, essentially.

ETA: when RTB gets the 5D Tactical in stock, usually sells out within a few days, then out-of-stock for weeks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:26:04 AM EDT
[#18]
"We are backordered due to pandemic buying surge. Our shop is working 24/7. Orders are shipping in 4 to 8 weeks."

Fucking politicians taking advantage of Corona to push antigun legislation is causing the rush.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top