Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 8:16:19 PM EDT
A couple two or three years ago there was a thread about a new barrel profile/twist config from Green Mountain; they were looking to do a carbine pencil barrel with a 1/7 twist. It was pretty cool, they posted here to gauge the interest and get some dimensions from the members. Green Mountain had decided to do a 14.7", and I was fortunate enough to get in on the group buy... but the barrel has been sitting around ever since.

Well, I finally sent the barrel to Retro Arms Works for a front sight base install and a pin and weld on the flash hider. John Thomas worked his magic and it was time to do a build.

I used an old bushy lower I've had knocking around, as well as some other parts from the stash. I did have to buy a bolt carrier and bolt (used Colt from the EE), but fortunately I had most of the other stuff.

I sprayed the upper, lower, charging handle, and trigger guard with some Norrel's MolyResin gray-black flat (which has also been sitting around for the last three years or so).

Buffer tube is two position, old NoDak Spud reproduction. The stock I've had for several years, but it's not a Colt. I don't have a clue who made it, although it does seem to be good quality.

Also, I was stoked to use the big button forward assist.

Anywhoo, here she is:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't shot it yet but I'll update when I do.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice. I should have grabbed one of those uppers when they were available.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice. The 723 is always an eye catcher.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks y'all!
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Beautiful
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top