Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2020 3:47:25 PM EDT
I'm toying around with the idea of building a 6mm Arc upper, but want to make sure I have mags before I start building.  I recall reading that mags were problematic when 6arc was just introduced.   Has this changed at all?

Are there reliable mags available for 6arc?
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm toying around with the idea of building a 6mm Arc upper, but want to make sure I have mags before I start building.  I recall reading that mags were problematic when 6arc was just introduced.   Has this changed at all?

Are there reliable mags available for 6arc?
View Quote

I believe Grendel mags work for the 6mm ARC.  I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.  I have Alexander arms, ASC and AR Stoner mags. So far no issues.  I believe ammend 2 just came out with poly mags, I haven’t gotten any of those yet.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Alexander Arms say their E-Lander mags are optimized for the 6.5 Grendel and suggest not to use the E-L mag with 6 ARC.   AA has gotten reports from users with functioning problems using E-L with 6 ARC.  I bought a couple of CPD/Duramag twenty round 6.5 Grendel mags.   The two I got are gtg and forum members report 100% function with 6 ARC.   If I was going to shoot 6 ARC in an AR-15 I’d try CPD/D then ASC (AR Stoner are rebranded ASC).

https://www.shopalexanderarms.com/6_5_Grendel-Magazines.html
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alexander Arms say their E-Lander mags are optimized for the 6.5 Grendel and suggest not to use the E-L mag with 6 ARC.   AA has gotten reports from users with functioning problems using E-L with 6 ARC.  I bought a couple of CPD/Duramag twenty round 6.5 Grendel mags.   The two I got are gtg and forum members report 100% function with 6 ARC.   If I was going to shoot 6 ARC in an AR-15 I’d try CPD/D then ASC (AR Stoner are rebranded ASC).

https://www.shopalexanderarms.com/6_5_Grendel-Magazines.html
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
D&H has a nice 10 round AK style (curvy) Grendel mag as well.  Nitrided steel with a stainless spring.  Good for wet weather hunting.  Any Grendel mag should work.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I just put together a 6 arc using an Aero upper/lower and Ballistic Advantage 16' bbl with an adjustable gas block and got to shoot it yesterday. I had an ASC marked 6.5 Grendel mag, and it functioned fine. I also tried a Magpul PMag 10 rounder, and it worked fine also. No issues with either mag. I was shooting Hornady Black ammo 105 gr factory ammo.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#8]
How many 6ARC rounds could you fit in the Magpul 10round magazine? Have you tried loading them into any Magpul 20 rounders?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How many 6ARC rounds could you fit in the Magpul 10round magazine? Have you tried loading them into any Magpul 20 rounders?
View Quote

Like 5.56 mags?

I don't think 5.56 mags work too well with an entirely different case.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Any further info? Got an upper coming in a few days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Finding ammo?
View Quote

Found it 2x locally for ‘decent’. Overpaid for some on midway. Target sports has been posting it.

I need a few more rounds just for the brass...I’ve got plenty of reloading components.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any further info? Got an upper coming in a few days.
View Quote

The ASC / AR Stoner dedicated 6mm mags (red follower) seem to be getting good reviews.

My project is on hold until I can accumulate a decent stash of ammo and/or find brass at a good price.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The ASC / AR Stoner dedicated 6mm mags (red follower) seem to be getting good reviews.

My project is on hold until I can accumulate a decent stash of ammo and/or find brass at a good price.
View Quote

I've collected 140 rounds of loaded ammo and a bit over 100 6.5 grendel cases. Good enough to start with I guess. Got my upper in yesterday.

I'll check out the mags w/red followers, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Have you sized Grendel to ARC yet?  Any chambering issues?  What dies are you using?
View Quote

I have a handful of range pickups I’m experimenting with.

First one I crushed...no idea how.

Others were fine, resized and trimmed. Haven’t loaded or chambered yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

I have some decent brass in the mail...wanna work out all the kinks on this range pickup.

Basic Hornady 2 die set.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top