Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2022 8:27:43 PM EDT
Anyone notice the 6.8 barrel manufacturer we are forbidden to mention sold the business and is now operating under this company?

https://www.blackstonearms.com/category-s/172.htm
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Great barrels, IDK what the problem is/was with the vendor.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep he announced it on the 68 forum
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great barrels, IDK what the problem is/was with the vendor.
View Quote

About 14-15 years ago he was a real douche.
Appears to have mellowed a lot the last few years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
That's almost funny to me to hear people talk trash about H.  From personal experience, I have done business with him for over 13 years and I've never been given a cause to complain about his products or his service or anything else.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:36:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Still won't ship to California. Moving along.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's almost funny to me to hear people talk trash about H.  From personal experience, I have done business with him for over 13 years and I've never been given a cause to complain about his products or his service or anything else.
View Quote

Same, he has been awesome to deal with in my experience. Has always taken time to answer any questions. I want to say my first barrel was about 15 years ago or so.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Zero issues from me as well
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I returned 2 barrels that had been chambered with a chipped reamer. He said he’d refund the shipping costs along with the barrels. Nope. I ate the shipping both ways. He shipped 2 barrels and muzzle devices in the same box and I paid his premium shipping cost for each piece. Never again.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Still won't ship to California. Moving along.
View Quote

Well...
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:30:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I returned 2 barrels that had been chambered with a chipped reamer. He said he’d refund the shipping costs along with the barrels. Nope. I ate the shipping both ways. He shipped 2 barrels and muzzle devices in the same box and I paid his premium shipping cost for each piece. Never again.
View Quote

Damn. That's fucked up as a can of worms.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#12]
He uses (or was using) E.R. Shaw barrel blanks, so did Alexander Arms. It's a crap shoot if you get a good one.

I own a 7.62x39mm AR barrel that shoots very well and is 100% reliable, so zero complaints from me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Barrett used ER Shaw barrel blanks for their 6.8 barrels for quite some time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#14]
The stainless 16” I have from him is 1/11.25” and shoots 1/2-.75” groups and cost well under 200 bones
I am and will be amazed
The Alexander 6.5 G blanks I was told by Alexander when I got my 16” stainless fluted and 11”” stainless are Bergara from Spain
They both shoot absolutely lights out even with Wolf steel
Like 7 out of 10 rounds into 1” with the11” and a red dot only
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Although H and I have had a few differences here and there, overall he was very helpful when I needed it.  He helped me launch the 277 Wolverine - provided me with a print and everything.  So, even those few times he may have pissed me off a bit I still hold him in high regards for doing the "bigger thing" that really helped me out - he didn't need to, and I was all up in his inbox all day, every day for months.

Yes, he has pretty much retired at his place in the Keys and is letting Blackstone (also a good guy) take over the production/sales of "his" products.

I can't speak for what he did here, or whomever he pissed off here, as I wasn't here for all of that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#16]
White Oak Armament makes world class 6.8 SPC barrels, just saying....
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#17]
He’s just been shipping finished barrels from his house since he moved to FL. No machine work anymore. Not sure who does the chambering but probably gets them from Shaw and they chamber them also with his reamer design. Not a bad retirement gig.

If I was going to buy a 6.8 I’d go with Wilson Combat. They shoot exceptionally well. I bought 2 barrels and one needed polishing on the ramps and a touch up in the chamber. It wasn’t a big deal but annoying for reloading. They paid the tab both ways on both barrels. They even paid for 2 day shipping so I could use them for deer season. They may have replaced the one barrel but the PO in the box said polish. They shoot.

Barrel I used on my friends build. Walked 3 for scope adjustment and then the top hole is 7. Cheap Nikon scope was a little slow in adjustment but it’s held zero since 2013.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
White Oak Armament makes world class 6.8 SPC barrels, just saying....
View Quote

6.8 SPC or 6.8 SPCII?

ETA: 6.8 SPCII and they only have 18”. Not sure if that’s because shorter are OOS, or they just don’t offer them.

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/6-8-spcii-barrel-18.html
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top