Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2020 3:22:25 PM EDT
Been doing a bunch of internet searching this weekend since I’ve finally put together a 6.5 Grendel upper and the opinions seem to vary wildly.   What’s the current consensus around here on the best Grendel mags out there? E-Lander, ASC, CPD, something else?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no issues with my E-Lander or ASC mags.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 6 mags;
2- 4 round AA E-landers
2- 10 round AA E-landers
1- 25(?) round ASC
1- 26(?) round C Products

I added the (?) marks b/c I don’t remember exactly what they were advertised as.

All 6 mags have been loaded to their respective capacity 8-10 times each and ran thru 3 different Grendel’s w/o any mag issues so far.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no consensus on which is the best 6.5 Grendel mag as all three suppliers have lemons slip out.   I have 31 6.5 Grendel mags and I have tweaked the feed lip on one 25 round ASC to get reliable function.  I had one 24 round E-Lander that had rough weld inside the body on the spine.  I used a hand file to smooth out the rough welds which impeded the movement of the follower.   All my 6.5 Grendel mags are currently functioning.  I have original C Products, ASC and E-Lander.  The C Products Defense/Duramags are getting good reviews.  D&H sell a ten round 6.5 Grendel mag through PSA and Amend2 just released a polymer ten round 6.5 Grendel mag.

Most ten round 6.5 Grendel mags are reliable and I really like the seventeen round E-Lander mags.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a real headache with the e-lander 17 and 24 rounders. My research says that every grendel brand is hit or miss and I got 8 misses.

But don't let that deter you - they are reworkable. My mags were making rounds nose-dive and get hung up on the lips. I had to hone the lips, bend them slightly, and then use a dowel to manually cycle the magazine HUNDREDS of times to weaken the springs. I eventually got them working about 95% of the time.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy e-landers again, just know you might have to work on them a bit.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top