Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2020 1:00:27 PM EDT
Limited to a 5 round mag for hunting purposes.  Also want something short to use from the bench when I'm shooting groups, and while a 20 works for this (in 556 at least) I figure I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

So.... recommend a good 5 round mag for 556 and a good 5 round mag for x39.   From my reading on x39 (just got parts to build it yesterday, more on the way) CPD mags are "the thing".  I can find 10 rounders, but 5 rounders are either sold out or only available  from vendors I've never heard of with very non-standard domain names (ie, I ain't giving them my CC number!)

So... suggest away!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Here ya go

5 round AR magazines for 7.62x39 and .223/5.56

Gunmagwarehouse is good to go shipping is reasonable but they can be a little on the slow side to get product out the door.  Try "GARANDTHUMB" at checkout.  I ordered last sunday and it worked but some people were reporting later in the week it wasn't working for them.  It'll save you taxes at least if it does work.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Ended up scoring a 10 round CPD x39 mag for $10 at a local shop, passed on a 5rnd ASC for $15.  :)

Should I end up really needing 5 for hunting, I'll drill a hole or two in the base plate and put in a piece of all thread to block the follower from going down.

Shop also had 5rnd 5.56 ASC mags but I passed on 'em for today ...
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top