Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2023 12:53:40 PM EDT
Ive see this before on a thread, but don't remember what went wrong.

https://imgur.com/a/ukQeusa
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
It is thin in that area even when in spec. Bit runout or flex maybe. Looks plastic, cutting edge might have dug in soft material and got pulled over?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is thin in that area even when in spec. Bit runout or flex maybe. Looks plastic, cutting edge might have dug in soft material and got pulled over?
View Quote

It's aluminum, just a shitty pic
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok it didnt happen because of tolerance stacking, i broke through during a mishap that went  unnoticed until after it was done.

didnt want oversized trigger slot
So milled pilot hole instead of drilling through.
went 1.25" from the top, but for the last step milling the pocket, used the guide instead of setting the router mill to bottom in the blind hole.

When router turned on it whipped around and the rest is history.

Plan to mill the slot separately.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
When router turned on it whipped around and the rest is history.
View Quote

This is why I use a foot switch any time I have a router in hand.  It allows you to keep both hands on the tool at all times.  Well worth the $30 investment.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The milling is pretty clean, but I don't like the way the holes come out, I would rather see bushings for undersized drills and some reamers. The selector hole particularly looks like shit and does not line up between the two sides very well. The bushings are also looking chewed up. As a matter of fact, the drill was whipping around it's not straight.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
you should drill the selector hole before you mill the pocket.  the break-through of the stepped right-hand selector hole causes the drill bit to go wonky.  also messes up the drill bushings in the jig.  totally preventable.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you should drill the selector hole before you mill the pocket.  the break-through of the stepped right-hand selector hole causes the drill bit to go wonky.  also messes up the drill bushings in the jig.  totally preventable.
View Quote

So the drill bushings for the pins are set back .010" from the other, and one of the bushings isnt straight. Yes, im sure. It's bad enough fcg wont release or reset properly working it by hand.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top