Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2020 3:26:07 PM EDT
I've been looking for a 5 round magazine (5.56 or 300blk.). Seems like all of them are out of stock with the exception of the promag. I've heard alot of war stories about reliability. In a hunting situation,  I don't think that is a huge problem,  but i wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these. Any pros or cons?
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunmag warehouse has Lancer 5 round plus ASC and CPD mags in stock.   I’d pass on the ProMag.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/lancer-l5-ar-15-223-5-56-5-round-advanced-warfighter-magazine.html
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Both CDNN and AIM Surplus have the Duramag/CPD 5 round mags in stock right now.

I got one last time I ordered from AIM for essentially free - it bumped me up over the free shipping limit by a few pennies.

Only put about 40 rounds through it but no issues.

Link Posted: 6/23/2020 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I made a 5 round hunting mag out of a 10 round Magpul pmag and a Magpul 5 round minus limiter. Super reliable.  I would never trust promag anything.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Or just load 5 rounds into a 10 round mag, most of the weight is in the ammo not the case..
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or just load 5 rounds into a 10 round mag, most of the weight is in the ammo not the case..
View Quote

Not for hunting
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The weight isn't the issue. It's not legal in my state.  In a semiautomatic rifle, It can only hold 5 rounds total.  In a pump action or bolt,  the sky is the limit... (the way I read it).
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top