Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2021 11:09:29 PM EDT
yes I know I know lol. I have LOTS of spare parts, put everything together and all I'm missing is barrel and gas tube so I decided to go with this length..
so my question is.. whats the best way to reduce concussion and muzzle blast WITHOUT a can.. its going to be a range toy not self defense whatsoever.
thats the barrel I got
https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/upper-parts/barrels/kak-value-line-5-56-4-75-inch-melonite-barrel

thank you guys
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.maximdefense.com/product/hate-brake/

If what they claim is legit, that's your answer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

FPNI
Attachment Attached File

The HateBrake needs to be experienced to be believed. My 5.5" is quieter than my 10.3" AR.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]

good god $200 loll
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]

fpni ? got link. how you like it ??
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I do not have one. It's existence was pointed out to me by someone that wanted a maxim pdw which comes with that barrel/muzzle device combo and was highly upset with me for pointing out that basically anything that short is going to be more of a joke/detriment than practical because of concussion, muzzle blast and poor velocity. I don't remember that poster ever updating us with the results.

So, I say again, if what maxim claims is true in description, pics and video, then that's your answer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#7]
These are what are on lmy shorties now.  It helps, at least outdoors, but indoors that sounds is gonna come back at you so there is nothing outside a suppressor that will help there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
These are what are on lmy shorties now.  It helps, at least outdoors, but indoors that sounds is gonna come back at you so there is nothing outside a suppressor that will help there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have some similar to that, but have not tried them.  
I just highlighted the most important part of the description.  Mine have steel sleeves, and those bad boys are HEAVY.

Caliber Choice " .223/556 cal.  OR  300 .308, 7.62.
Length - 2.325" Width/OD - 1.25 sleeve - 1" Brake"
Barrel Thread - Multiple options
Outer sleeve Thread - 13/16" X 16 Thread Length - 3/4
Material - Steel A311 Stress Proof  / T6061 Aluminum Sleeve
Finish -  Hard Coat Anodized MIL-A-8625F Type III / Color as Shown

I would not mind finding some 70 series aluminum sleeves.

Mine are like this, and they are beastly at 8.6 ounces hanging off the end of the barrel.

ETA - I just noticed that link sells just the sleeves for $16.95....I might have to check that out if they are long enough.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I love it. Several suggestions warned against a shorty but under 100yds and its a very viable option in my opinion. Largely in part because of the Hate Brake and the Maxim PDW brace/bolt kit. My variation of the HateBrake is designed with a taper to fit within the handguard of a Springfield SAINT PDW. I thought I would possibly lose performance when compared to Maxim's PDW but I don't believe that to be the case. My 10.3"bbl Saint has a SureFire Warden DT mounted and the HateBrake seems to offer less felt recoil, less muzzle blast and a lower sound report from my initial impressions. I've only shot the PDW once for comparison but will get a video next time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one with just a thread protector. I think it's about the same as a 7.5 inch barrel.  Shooting Wolf steel case and holding on to the magwell burnt the hair off all my knuckles the first round.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I used the Kaw Valley Linear Comp on mine. It's a fun range toy but not much else.

I went with the Kaw Valley because it's not much larger than a A2 Flash hider. I mean what is the point of a 4 75" barrel if you're going to add 3+" of muzzle device. At that point you could have gone with a longer barrel.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#13]
At that point you could have gone with a longer barrel.
View Quote

Which, in all logic, you probably should
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 1:54:09 AM EDT
[#15]
If your magazine is longer than your barrel, you might be a...
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Them toes

I got that slr and a maxim hatebrake on two different ks 47s. 10.5 and 8.5

Wish I could say which is better but I've yet to get out and shoot them yet..
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Them toes

I got that slr and a maxim hatebrake on two different ks 47s. 10.5 and 8.5

Wish I could say which is better but I've yet to get out and shoot them yet..
View Quote

How did he even get them toes in the pic... Damn! Must be another person.
@MFRecon2
Is your SLR the Synergy model? I was thinking of replacing a SureFire Warden DT with one on my 10.3"bbl AR. I'm definitely curious to hear your assessment. Look closely at the sound distribution and recoil impulse effects. I do feel that the HateBrake won't disappoint!
Attachment Attached File

The way the inner funnel is ported internally into the outer blast regulator shell does something funky but awesome and it is also a booster of sorts for extreme shorties. I would of probably never bought something that pricey if it hadn't came on the gun, when good, less expensive options exist. Going forward I would buy the HateBrake solo for a short barreled weapon. Here's a better look at it. Mine is modified like this for my Saint Victor PDW.
Springfield Armory PDW Hate Break Removal
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How did he even get them toes in the pic... Damn! Must be another person.
@MFRecon2
Is your SLR the Synergy model? I was thinking of replacing a SureFire Warden DT with one on my 10.3"bbl AR. I'm definitely curious to hear your assessment. Look closely at the sound distribution and recoil impulse effects. I do feel that the HateBrake won't disappoint!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196790/20211020_201135_jpg-2172766.JPG
The way the inner funnel is ported internally into the outer blast regulator shell does something funky but awesome and it is also a booster of sorts for extreme shorties. I would of probably never bought something that pricey if it hadn't came on the gun, when good, less expensive options exist. Going forward I would buy the HateBrake solo for a short barreled weapon. Here's a better look at it. Mine is modified like this for my Saint Victor PDW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPxAnx-fBII
View Quote

yes it is the synergy model. im hoping to get out and shoot in the next week or two but work and weather may put a stop to it.

think your rifle is the reason i bought the hatebrake
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I built one up because 1.) I can and 2.) LULZ and giggles and 3.) I got a deal on the barrel.

Put one of KAK's short micro flash cans on it after asking if it would take it.  Why put a brake on it that is A.) longer than the barrel or B.) worth more than the whole upper to that point?

I think I paid $80 for the barrel and gas tube.  A no name blem BCG I got for $60.  A blem upper that cost me $40.  A no name 4" handguard for $25 and a flash can for another $25.  A gas block I got with a barrel I bought.  So ~$230 and all but the barrel can be used on something else.

Still haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  I'm letting my eyebrows grow so I can see if I can singe them.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top