Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/30/2020 8:32:51 PM EDT
Alright everyone. This is my first post but haunting these threads for some time now and don’t seem to be finding a answer.

Okay here we go. I recently got in building/owning ARs. And now all the money is gone!

When I heard the 350 legend was a thing and it’s purpose, for the most part, was to get centerfire cartridge into those shotgun zone states. I decided to build one hoping MN would do the same. I’ve heard rumblings!

So I built a 16” AR-15 in 350 legend and topped it with a 1.5-5x32 konus scope. Super light and nimble. It’s going to be a nice deer rifle.

Took it out to the range and found it wasn’t extracting and leading to double feeds. Or it would extract/eject the round and the next round would be pushed forward and get stuck with action half open. Round pointing toward the top of the chamber. In front of the bolt I believe. I was using the 145gr win FMJs, 150gr win extreme point, and the 170gr hornady soft point. The 150gr win rounds seemed to be the best running.

So I cleaned and oiled throughly and figured the rifle was over gassed and swapped a H2 buffer into it. Also noticed the rounds would catch the mag when pushed out by hand, so I modified the lip to stop this. And finally I polished the feed ramps.

Range trip #2. Using the 145gr FMJs I had no problems. The rifle ran great and seem really accurate. But when I switched the Hornady 170gr. I was back to issues. But the rounds were ejecting at about 4-430. I was still getting the partial feed/jamming problem.

So I think the bolt may be running to fast still and not giving the mag enough time to do its job or is my buffer spring to weak.

I was not able to get my hands on any other types of ammo and or mags but intend to before range trip #3.

Anybody have a issue like this in any caliber? Or any tips?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a 350 but I had similar issues with my Blackout. Sounds like possible under gassing. Does the bolt lock back on an empty mag? Also are the edges on the barrel extension lugs sharp? I had to soften mine because the edges would dig into the nose of the rounds and impeded smooth feeding. And try the standard buffer again. Does the extractor have extra o-ring or rubber plug in the spring?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The bolt always locks back. The one round test work with any ammo I’ve tried. I’ve even gone as far as pull in the bolt out of my 223 and I get the same results with that one. The exactor has a o ring and a rubber plug in the spring. Was planning on removing the oring trying that.

The reason I thought the rifle may be over gassed is because the empty round was staying in the chamber while the bolt went back which lead to a double feed. And switching to the heavier buffer got rid of the ejection part of this problem.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:00:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Swap the bcg with one out of another gun if you have one. The problem will go away except for the JUNK ASS HORNADY ammo. The 350l are the latest guns getting blown up by hornady and they will not admit anything is wrong.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I have switched BCGs out of my 223 and still get this issue. My local gun shop had a box of Hornady so I thought I’d try it. This cartridge isn’t that popular yet so it’s a little hard to fine. I ordered some of the winchester 150gr and 180gr to see if I still have the issue with those. I have zero issues with the 145gr FMJs. So fingers crossed.

I have to say If I had to pick a brand for ammo I’d usually grab Hornady for deer hunting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#5]
So I decided after hour of search the forums and the YouTubes that may Ruger mag may have to much tension. So I clipped a few of the loops in the mag spring. Turning my 5 round to a 8 mag. I also took the oring of the extractor. I picked up a box of Winchester 180gr soft point and the 145gr fmjs. Loaded the mag up and hand cycled the rounds through. No misfeeds. I’m waiting on a box on the win 150gr extreme tips to show up and I’ll hit the range.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Clipping the springs are the wrong thing to do. The mags need the high tension to keep the round flat in the mag. One of the tricks they have not told anyone about.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Well we will see. I went from having 2-3 misfeeds in a 5 mag hand cycling the bolt, to now having no misfeeds at all.

I seen and read  that if the mag has to much tension. The bolt would hit the cartridge  and push it part way out. Then skip over the cartridge and slam into the side of the cartridge. Which leave a dimple in the side of the  brass.  

The other day I found two empty brass, that of some reason cane home from the range, and noticed they both have the dimple in the side. This is what lead me to clip the spring.  Most things I’ve read say the the 5rd and the 10rd mags are the same mags. The company’s just leave 21 unused spring coils at the bottom on the 5rd mag.
I cut out 8 and seems to be all I need to take some tension off and let the rifle hand cycle correctly. Also I opened up my 30rd 223 mag and it had 15 coil that were all expanded and in use, so that means my 5rd mag has 8ish more loops then the 30rd  mags and only 3 loops are expanded. So if I find my mag needs more tension I have plenty on unused spring to expand to add more.

I’m waiting on ammo show up and I’ll take it to the range for the real cycle test. From what I’ve read the Hornady 350L rounds are way more over pressured then the Winchester ammo. Since my rifle cycled the Winchester 145gr FMJs  with no issues.  So I order winchester only.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The dimple you are taking about comes from the brass being ejected and hitting the deflector. Not from the mag. Good luck with your gun. Your going to need it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I got my 150 grain Winchesters in today. And I cycled them through my Ruger bag with no feeding issues. I also received my Wilson combat 15 round mag today and cycled a mag trough with a couple jams. I sanded down the front feed lip the keep any hang ups from happening during feeding and ran a couple hand cycled mags through with no feeding issues.

Sunday is range day. I’ll post my results for those that are interested.

P.S. I am trying to document my problems and fixes so others can benefit. My particular problem is not talked about much on the web so I’d like to help others with my posts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I got the 350legend out today and it’s getting closer. 145 grains cycles flawlessly, the 180 grains had one misfeed and is to believed to be user error, and the 150 grains were hanging up. I thought with the pointed tip that might help the feeding but apparently Having a blunt a nose seems to feel better.

I noticed while shooting the 150 grains the cases seemed like they were barely falling out of the gun but with the 145s and the 180 grains The empty casings were being thrown 10 feet at the 4 o’clock position. Not sure what’s going on with the 150 grains just  falling out of the gun

When I got home and was cleaning the rifle I found that I had installed 223 bolt in it rather than the bolt I had taken all ring out of the extractor, so I will have to get both the 180 grains and the 150 grains and try this again. This time when I get a field problem I’m going to document it and observe what could be causing the feed issue, Or what condition the cartridge is instead of pulling the handle back and sending the bolt forward.

I had feed issues with the 150 grains with the Ruger Mag and the Wilson combat mag, Although it seemed the Wilson combat mag Had less feed issues.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you have a camera that can do slow-mo? Most current cellphones can.

Get someone to film the ejection port, couple shots looking down into the magazine too.

That might help illustrate the problem.

Have a forward assist on this gun? See if you can replicate the problem by walking the bolt home easy riding the charging handle and tapping the FA to advance it.

Got calipers? Measure some cartridges before attempting to cycle and see if the bullets get jammed into the cases. Recoil on bad loads (unlikely across the multiple ammo types you've used) could also be lengthening your cartridges.

I find it hard to believe that multiple magazines are all bad, especially with a change in brands. You could still measure the feedlips and major openings in the different mags and see which ones are working better. You might still have A bad mag in the mix, which isn't helping.

If shells are sticking in the chamber, I read that as s bad extractor (which is unlikely since you also switched BCG), or over gas. Maybe try an even heavier buffer. You could also toss a couple quarters in the receiver extension to increase spring force. Maybe it will help.

Got any dings and scrapes on your chambered but unfired cartridges? They'll naturally get some tiny marks, but nothing ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Good morning,

It has been awhile since I could find ammo and get out with the legend, but I got up yesterday grabbed my coffee, the 350 legend and the fresh built blackout and hit the range at 6:45am. It was super peaceful. That is the benefit of the range being way out in the woods. First things first I got the 300 blackout running great. This one has a adjustable gas block, so it took a little bit of tuning.Alright back to the legend. And I have come a long way the following is what I have done to the gun.

-Polished the feed ramps
-H2 buffer
-Modded the front lips on the Ruger and Wilson combat magazines I have.

I found that this rifle likes to be wet. I brought four different load out to the range with me and the following is what I have found.

Winchester 145gr FMJs, Winchester 180gr Soft Points, Federal 180gr Soft Points, all these ejected in a 3-4:30 pattern with the federals being throw half the distance of the Winchesters.

Now this is where I have had issues and continue to have issues.

Winchester 150gr Extreme Points

Ruger Mag - 5 rounds
Round #2 - Did not pick up the second round
Round #5 - Jammed with round pointed toward chamber with the bolt sitting over the round. (see picture)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gnq4gZ5nqaX03L9j0uVoIB84bU1ovQVz/view?usp=sharing

Wilson Combat Mag - 5 rounds
Round #2 - Jammed with round pointed toward chamber with the bolt sitting over the round. (see picture)
Round #5 - After firing the bolt locked back on the bolt body, rather then the bolt face.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xKiRiSll8ksgvFmKhwY1Yl8Ekn88CG0m/view?usp=sharing

The rounds that did operate properly were being thrown at a 3-4 o clock and only half the distance of the other two Winchester loads.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hz1Z-pz0r2-ep1R_fKqvZ_n2iMKeQv9D/view?usp=sharing

So... I'm thinking I have a gas issue still with this rifle. But what do you think?
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#13]
BTW i had a lot more detailed post put together, BUT apparently new members are limited to 2000 characters per post. Pictures are a pain to post!
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#14]
In case anyone wants to know. I have around 400 rounds through this rifle now and with the ruger mag I have almost zero issue feeding with all ammo. The wilson combat mag still has the occasional misfeed. Most of the misfeeds are in the first round.

Ive only tried one box of the browning 124gr FMJ and it jammed most rounds. I think the nose it way to blunt.

Now just have to dial in the Winchester 150gr  extreme points and bring on deer season!
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#15]
What brand is the barrel and bolt?
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Since I posted in this thread, I'll talk about my problems with an AR in 350...

The rifle;
Faxon 12" gunner
Spikes upper
Poverty pony lower
Borrowed PSA Bcg (send me my damn bootleg BCG, opticsplanet)
Larue mbt
Cmmg and duramag mags

Ammo;
145gr Winchester fmj factory
180gr Winchester power point factory
165gr FTX handloads
180gr PP handloads
Handloads make power and pass the plunk test, but the smallest I can get the case around the bullet is .378, factory is .375-377, averaging .376. I don't think this is helping.

The thing is a jam factory, but I'm working on it.

First, somewhere between spikes and faxon, they fucked me with bad feed ramp cuts (I don't expect either to own up to it, and at this point I don't care). It was reminiscent of a M16 BE on a M4 upper. So namely faxon...

I took a rounded needle file and cleaned up the feed ramp, then smoothed it over with a rounded stone. Major difference.

Removed the crane o-ring as I noticed many times if it did get the round in the chamber, the bolt still wouldn't close all the way. This helped. No extraction problems.

Despite the BCG being well broken in (see: it was borrowed from another rifle), I still cleaned up the locking lug face with a stone, as well as the extractor. This was done the same time I took out the o-ring, so I'll say it helped anyway.

I've never had to have the magazine catch poke through the button, I've always set them to just below or flush, and never an issue. I ended up tightening this one turn so it sticks out just a bit. It seems to hold the mag in a bit tighter to help the presentation angle.

I still had a few jams with all of this out of 50 rounds using my 165gr FTX load.

Checked my notes and on previous load testing, a .3gr greater charge had a much lower SD/ES, so I just loaded 25 more with that (25gr lilgun), as well as the same charge with some 180gr PPs. My notes show that charge mirroring the velocity of factory ammo in 180gr. (Aside: both bullets seat to the proper depth in my RCBS die, about 2.250" for the FTX and 2.150" for the PP with the same setting. Convenient)

I was hand cycling some of these most recent loads, and they seemed to cycle just fine. I was chambering them from bolt locked open each time.

Did notice that the mags have a fairly loose follower, letting the rounds sometimes nose dive or rocket up. This didn't seem to matter after having cleaned up the feed ramps. Anyway, took one mag and put a yellow magpul 5.56 follower in it. The flatwire spring didn't seat quite right, but it went together. The anti-cant legs turned the 20rd into a 16rd mag. Feeding seemed smoother.

I picked up 2 boxes of Hornady 170gr today. Plan to go shoot tomorrow. I'll burn a box of 180gr factory I have on hand, as well as the two 25rd lots of 165 and 180gr handloads.

Also note: the 180gr happen to shoot just a touch low at 100yds verse my 165s. This is convenient. Can just swap ammo, not touch the scope, and hit plenty fine to 125yds. Convenient. I'll see if my 180gr hand loads maintain this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I was further screwing with the gun a bit ago. Trying to pay attention to how it feeds and what makes it jam up.

Noticed the majority of the time, even with the 180gr (by the way I about ruined that box of ammo, they've been fed so many times the bullets are chewed up pretty bad now. They don't seem to have set back any, so I'm still going to shoot them, just don't expect any accuracy), due to presentation angle from the way the wall of the magazine in front of the feed lip is curved in, coupled with the tilting follower, causes the round to pop up at a fairly extreme angle.

It then mashes into the very inner portion of the feed ramp which I hadn't touched, or the edge of the locking lug. It seemed worse actually with the 165gr, while the pointy bullet made it past the ramp just fine, it was smooth enough to cause the case mouth to catch just a bit on that inner edge of the ramp/locking lug area. I broke this edge down and honed it. Feeding is much smoother.

I noted that if the bolt is slowed down, especially when riding the charging handle to watch the feeding, it will almost always catch the case cockeyed partially in the chamber and jammed up on the bolt face. This is to spite my honing over the bolt face and extractor edges, finishing so the grain is vertical as well (direction the case will slide). At full speed it has enough force to overcome this.

At the time of posting I haven't yet tried adding a few quarters/washers to the buffer tube to increase spring force. The spring seems normal, but I ought to check it against one of the NIW carbine springs I have.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 5:37:04 AM EDT
[#18]
FritzTKatt,

What weight buffer are you using? I found running a H2 helped considerably.

Big-Bore,

The barrel is a AR-Stoner and the bolt I believe is a PSA.

I have found the more rounds I put through the rifle the better it has been shooting.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Just checked, standard carbine, 3oz overall.

I found i could fit two quarters in the tube before the bolt got too close to the catch. It definitely has a bit more oomph going into battery.

Last time I played with buffer weights it was kind of a shit show with some decades old m16 buffer and the plastic/rubber had melted into the body.

Might try taking this one apart and removing the pads inside. I have some TIG tungsten I don't really need, and can cut up into bits that will fit inside.

Since I'm out of work for now I'm trying not to buy a bunch of stuff. Normally I'd just order a handful of weights and an entire extra assembly hehe. Never had this problem before. I am enjoying all this time for reloading work. I have a 5gal bucket of 223 needs complete prep, another 5gal that has been decapped, and a kitty litter bucket ready to load. Coffee can full of 350L ready to load, Xl coffee can of 308 match ready to load, 50cal can of bulk 308 ready to load, two coffee cans of 30-06 ready to load. Also have about 6-7gal of mixed pistol brass that needs complete prep...

And components for all of them except pistol haha. I'm not in a hurry to get back to work until my hands are nothing but giant blisters, might just stay home until after deer-gun season.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a PSA adjustable gas block for my wife’s 300 blackout and tuned it really quick. I have been thinking about getting one for my legend and fine tuning it and see if I can get rid of all the cycling issues.

I have kind of notice that some load cycle differently.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a PSA adjustable gas block for my wife’s 300 blackout and tuned it really quick. I have been thinking about getting one for my legend and fine tuning it and see if I can get rid of all the cycling issues.

I have kind of notice that some load cycle differently.
View Quote

I think the problem with this gun, and probably all 350s, is the cartridge itself. Big, fat, and blunt. The bolt runs back, locks open, extracts and ejects just fine.

IMO, avoid adjustable blocks if possible. I got a SLR, which was supposed to be top of the line, and it has shit the bed in 2-3krds. So far, I'm happy with my bootleg carrier, time will tell if they're good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#22]
FritzTKatt,

What type of mags are you using?

I have a ruger and a Wilson combat and found that the ruger put a lot of tension on the rounds to the point where the bolt would jump over them.

I found that the ruger mag had  15ish coils of spring that were not expanded. I clipped about 6 coil out and  found that it was then to sloppy so expand two coil and that really seem to help. The Wilson mag has no extra coils and is a little to sloppy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, thanks for the info. Figured most of it the hard way already

Like I said, I wallowed out those feed ramps pretty good. Took a lot of work with a needle file and stone.

I ran 60 rounds through mine today. Had two quarters in the buffer tube, it ran pretty good, but had some rounds fail to lock back. Pulled one quarter out. Still ran fine and locked back.

Most i loaded was 15/20, and did have a failure to return to battery from bolt lock once. Seems like the mag had too much pressure and the second round (#14) dragged on the carrier enough to slow it down so the extractor couldn't pop over the rim. I ran the bolt back till the carrier was on par with the back of the feed lips and let her slam. Chambered.

The rounds that were chewed up shot like piss, but they rang steel just fine.

I'll run a few more mags through it another day and see what happens. If it will run them I'll call it good.

ETA: I almost think the mags have feed lips too long and the rolled edge in front of the feedlip is too fat. If the round could pop up a bit sooner, I think it would alleviate the excess pressure required to get the case head to slide up the bolt face. The rolled edge seems to bump the rounds cockeyed before they get a chance to feed. Longer COAL seems to help, as the intense (for an AR) recoil slams the rounds forward in the mag. Having less room for them to move of course keeps everyone in line.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:55:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I can run this bullet in mine. It runs 100%. Unmodified BCA barrel Spikes upper receiver. You don't need to hog out the extension as is shown. Put a standard buffer in it. Putting spacers in the tube will throw off the timing and could make it worse. If it is riding over the round you don't have enough gas or it could have too much and the bcg is running too fast. When it runs too fast it does not have time for the round to pop up fast enough for the bolt to catch it.

First thing I would do is measure the gas port for size.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can run this bullet in mine. It runs 100%. Unmodified BCA barrel Spikes upper receiver. You don't need to hog out the extension as is shown. Put a standard buffer in it. Putting spacers in the tube will throw off the timing and could make it worse. If it is riding over the round you don't have enough gas or it could have too much and the bcg is running too fast. When it runs too fast it does not have time for the round to pop up fast enough for the bolt to catch it.

First thing I would do is measure the gas port for size.
View Quote

Riding over hasn't been an issue for me. Low bolt energy has been. Not enough ass to actually strip the round. These CPD/CMMG mags have a lot of spring pressure when fully loaded, they can be very difficult to seat on a closed bolt.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I found that with both my mag the cases would catch the front lip of the mag, so I grounded down the lip enough for the cases to clear it and have had way less problems.

Then relieved tension on the spring in the by clipping a few coil, which turn the 5rd to a 8rd and I have almost not feed issues now. I also polished the feed ramps.

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And this is a 350 mag, and not a 223 mag that the inner front side rib is forcing the front of the round inward?
View Quote

Yes they are both 350legend specific mags.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 2:14:44 AM EDT
[#32]
The mags rely on high spring pressure to keep the base of the round up in the rear of the mag. My guess is the lips of the mag are not bent at the right angle. All of my Ruger, CMMG, Dura mags work perfect. The only mag I have problems with is the Lancer from Wilson. Anything over 3 rounds and it will not fit in the gun. You can ram it in but the rounds will not feed up the mag. I think they sent me a regular 300blk mag.

Or the mag lock is too low in your receiver. There may be a huge tolerance stacking that is showing its ugly head.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Looking at the feed ramp of that barrel Dano is showing. It looks like the bottom center lug is missing. Is that safe?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#34]
We have two home built rifles that don't feed in the shop haven't had time to look at them. One has a Greatlakes barrel we sold a crap ton of their complete rifles so I can't believe the extension a issue . It must be something to do with the parts ?

The other rifle has a complete Bear creek upper and both hang up pushing the round into the chamber after extraction.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 6:47:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I have a AR stoner barrel. I think. I was having the same issue. all i did is polish the feeding ramps.

The main problem came from the mags. The round would catch the front lip causing the bolt to slow down and jam the round up in the chamber.

I ground down the front lip and that seemed to happy for the most part.

I’m also running a H2 buffer and will be switching to a adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Well had the 150 grains out and was having issues with the bolt going all the way forward and jamming a round part way into the chamber. I put a quarter in the buffer tube and fired 3 rounds with out failure but those were the last three I had. Then switched to the Winchester 180gr which cycle fine.

Tomorrow is deer opener hopefully I get a shot!
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I had the same issue.  See link below.  After filing as described, I also polished the filed areas.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=515159&tl=AR15-350-legend-build-Feeding-issue
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Had same problem with my radical rf15 except opposite ammo issues. Winchester 145gr always jamm's but 150 gr extreme point runs flawless. Been shooting, cleaning, polishing feed ramps for 4 months now and gets better and better but still has occasional issues. Browning 124 grain target runs the best out of all the cheap ammo. Also filed lips on metal mags down but left wilson combat which never gave me problems. Hornady 165 grain doesn't get jammed but causes bolt to not fully seat in chamber. Radical finally responded to me after a few months and want me to send in to them but am waiting until after gun season. Will post what they say was the issue. Good luck. from my experience the more rounds you put through the better it gets
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Hornady ammo feeding issue fixed.  
The Problem, the round jams up into the chamber before the rear of the round is released from the mag
The FIX,  See photo of two CMMG mags.  The "fixed" MAG has lips relieved with Dremel tool 3/8" in a semicircular arc as shown.  Ammo is secure,  all ammo feeds well, no issues.
This is a straight-up geometry problem.  Polishing and "relieving " the bolt / chamber won't work.

https://imgur.com/9xnZMbl

Badge 1433
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow, I’ve been reading and hearing about all the reliability issues with the .350 I’m glad I ended up going with a 300 ham’r, it’s been reliable with any bullet I stuff in it , even blunt  round nose bullets made for 30-30’s. Accurate too. I’m all for a challenge but the 350 legend doesn’t seem well thought out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wow, I’ve been reading and hearing about all the reliability issues with the .350 I’m glad I ended up going with a 300 ham’r, it’s been reliable with any bullet I stuff in it , even blunt  round nose bullets made for 30-30’s. Accurate too. I’m all for a challenge but the 350 legend doesn’t seem well thought out.
View Quote

I’ve got my 350 working pretty good now and gets better with every mag. I don’t reload yet so I like the 350 become I can find it in the stores. I’ve never seen 300 hamr  in store and almost never on online. Once I worked the kinks out of my is a sweet gun. I plan on switch my wife’s 300 blackout over to legend because of ammo availability and heavier bullets for hunting.

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes, I’ve noticed it’s the one caliber in stock at the local Walmart, someone needs to warn them it is for an AR, lol. I definitely see it’s usefulness as a caliber, I’m sure if folks can make a .50 work in an AR they can make this work. I wonder  what percentage of failures are magazine related, seems that’s the  Achilles heal with many other than 5.56 AR’s.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes, I’ve noticed it’s the one caliber in stock at the local Walmart, someone needs to warn them it is for an AR, lol. I definitely see it’s usefulness as a caliber, I’m sure if folks can make a .50 work in an AR they can make this work. I wonder  what percentage of failures are magazine related, seems that’s the  Achilles heal with many other than 5.56 AR’s.
View Quote

Sounds like the feed ramps are also. Whether a major or minor cause seems to be in question yet.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top