Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2021 10:35:32 AM EDT
I was recently gifted a Trijicon Credo 1-8x28.

Any recommendations for a cost-effective mount?

I'm considering the AP Ultralight Extended.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was recently gifted a Trijicon Credo 1-8x28.

Any recommendations for a cost-effective mount?

I'm considering the AP Ultralight Extended.
View Quote

First, the 1-8x28 has a 34mm diameter tube body, not 30mm.

Second, how much abuse do you envision this rifle seeing? If it's going to be chucked into barrels, onto tables, into barracades, and other such events often, the extra weight of a different mount (Daniel Defense edit:they don't do 34mm, UTG Accu-sync if price is a concern) that's got more meat to it might well be worth it. If it's just going to see regular use or you're going for as light weight as possible, the aero ultralight extended mount is a great mount that I use as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I've found Warne 30mm mounts are good and cheap. I'd go for a Larue VFZ mount though. $160 new and they pop up on EE so they can be had for a little less as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for the correction. I have made the change in the original post title.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thank you for the correction. I have made the change in the original post title.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just didn't want you to accidentally buy the wrong mount, hopefully it didn't come across as me being a dick.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just didn't want you to accidentally buy the wrong mount, hopefully it didn't come across as me being a dick.
View Quote

No worries. I come here to learn.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Are there any thoughts on the Primary Arms GLx 34mm?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
My preliminary opinion on Burris AR Signature is positive. It's a chunky 10oz though. Not sure about clamp durability, but time will tell. Also, Hecho en China.

https://www.burrisoptics.com/ar-signature-qd-p.e.p.r.-mount

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I would use Warne and UTG if you are budget limited.

Aero lightweights should be melted down and turned into something useful.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m a big fan of Midwest mounts, I went away with ADM simply because their split half rings have been reported cause problems with scopes. I know they make horizontal split rings but they cost more or at least they did cost more than Midwest. Plus I like the way Midwest  levers release over the ADM.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Buy once...
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Buy once...
View Quote

This right here. Badger C1
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
My go to mount is always Bobro mounts for versatility and return to zero repeatability. Many tests has proven better return to zero repeatability over LaRue and all other QD mounts in its price range.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I appreciate all the recommendations. This gives me a lot to think about.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’m a big fan of Midwest mounts, I went away with ADM simply because their split half rings have been reported cause problems with scopes. I know they make horizontal split rings but they cost more or at least they did cost more than Midwest. Plus I like the way Midwest  levers release over the ADM.
View Quote

I like them too because the bottom half of the rings are machined integral to the mount.  Not several pieces bolted together to complete the mount.  Don’t like rings bolted to brackets and then brackets bolted to mounts.  The MI is the miniumum number of parts necessary to complete the mount.  Eliminate point(s) of failure and you make a more reliable mount.  Great quick release levers to boot with repeatable zero.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I have all 3 of my scopes in bobro mounts and have been very happy with them. Installation of the scope is very easy. Haven't scientifically tested the return to zero but I've taken them off several times and still ring the gong.

I'm curious what your initial impressions are of the credo. Seems these can be had pretty cheap if you wait for a deal. How's the illumination? Are the drops usable on 4x?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Still waiting for delivery.

:-(

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#18]
DNZ Freedom Reaper, item #3421FPT

In stock for $270 at DNZ’s site
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#20]

I bought one of those in 30mm for a DMR I built, it is a Leupold and ‘checked all the boxes’. I like it for the price.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#21]
American Defense QD Recon and LaRue QD mounts are both good to go.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top