Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2021 1:59:59 PM EDT
I found some Federal 300 blackout/American Eagle 150gr, Winchester deer season 300 blackout 150gr and some Winchester 150rd 9mm Active Duty today at a local store, they had just received a shipment and even with quite a few people in line I got 5 boxes of the Federal 300 and two boxes of the Winchester and finally I just got the last 2 boxes of the 9mm. What surprised me was the prices, the Federal 300 was just below $20 a box but the deer season was $34 a box. The 9mm was priced at $65 a box, is this normal for anyone else? Is the rush on ammo finally starting to sort of get back to "normal", the dealer was small and not a chain store and said he gets ammo in usually twice a month. I wasn't surprised that the 5.56 was nearly gone and I got lucky with the 9mm. Luckily he said there really isn't much interest in 300, so that helped me alot, understandably there was a 5 box limit per caliber, the 5.56 ammo he had was still hovering around $1.00 a round though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at the insanity at ammoseek.com
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I found some Federal 300 blackout/American Eagle 150gr, Winchester deer season 300 blackout 150gr and some Winchester 150rd 9mm Active Duty today at a local store, they had just received a shipment and even with quite a few people in line I got 5 boxes of the Federal 300 and two boxes of the Winchester and finally I just got the last 2 boxes of the 9mm. What surprised me was the prices, the Federal 300 was just below $20 a box but the deer season was $34 a box. The 9mm was priced at $65 a box, is this normal for anyone else? Is the rush on ammo finally starting to sort of get back to "normal", the dealer was small and not a chain store and said he gets ammo in usually twice a month. I wasn't surprised that the 5.56 was nearly gone and I got lucky with the 9mm. Luckily he said there really isn't much interest in 300, so that helped me alot, understandably there was a 5 box limit per caliber, the 5.56 ammo he had was still hovering around $1.00 a round though.
View Quote

The short answer is no, the madness is not over.

Less popular calibers are less likely to get inflated by the merchant because they may not have multiple buyers falling all over themselves to get it.

Popular calibers are still getting inflated by the local merchants because they can’t flip as much merchandise due to supply issues getting it in the door.

I bought Fiocchi .223 for about 0.65 cents per round and was able to buy small rifle bench rest primers for about $8 per 100. But my guy isn’t increasing his margins over cost. He could charge more but isn’t. But every primer he gets in is pre sold before his truck ever arrives.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had no trouble finding 6.8 at big box stores...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top