Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2021 10:42:04 PM EDT
I have a couple dozen Colt and Simmonds magazines that are 40-50 years old. I just ordered 30 of these to give them new life.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/ar15-spring-for-20rd-mag.html

.99 for a stainless steel magazine spring. I've looked before for springs and everyone was OOS except Wolf Springs @ $5 a spring.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Been a while since I ordered any but the ones I got back then were a matched to the old 20 round springs and worked well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been a while since I ordered any but the ones I got back then were a matched to the old 20 round springs and worked well.
View Quote
Good to know. The magazines I'm needing them for are causing FTF issues. They were left loaded for decades I know the springs have weakened.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Magazines Springs fit and function good. I tried to compare them side by side. The new ones are about 5/8" longer and when I took my index fingers alone I could compress the old one to 4" until it popped out under stress. The new one I could only compress 5". I did this several times. Now if the snow and 20* temp would let up I'll test a few rounds down range.
Note- these mags have solid aluminum followers.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I placed an order for some wolff gun springs a couple weeks ago but they haven't shipped yet, maybe I'll try a few of these.  Anyone know who might have some floor plates in stock?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone know who might have some floor plates in stock?
View Quote

Nobody as of late.

I did see some in the EE this week.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess it pays to just scroll through pages of stuff.  I've been looking for floor plates for a couple of weeks now with no success, apparently I should've been searching for "bottoms" instead of "floor plates".  

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/ar15-blank-magazine-bottom-bushmaster.html

Says only 8 left in stock.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess it pays to just scroll through pages of stuff.  I've been looking for floor plates for a couple of weeks now with no success, apparently I should've been searching for "bottoms" instead of "floor plates".  

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/ar15-blank-magazine-bottom-bushmaster.html

Says only 8 left in stock.
View Quote

Better buy those "bottoms".
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top