Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2023 12:58:42 PM EDT
My nephew got some m-14 magazines in a box with some ar-15 magazines he traded for.

Two are marked OM and four are marked BRW S-1.

Here are the two OM marked magazines.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Here are the BRW s-1 Magazines
Attachment Attached File

The site will not let me upload any more photos, but I have photos of each of the magazines with their individual markings.  I am just trying to help him determine an approximate value and what would be the best way to sell them.

Thanks for any help you might give.

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I figured out a way to add the photos. Of the three BRW S-1 mags three look like new and one looks well used. I  can submit additional photos.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably in the $50 a piece range.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably in the $50 a piece range.
View Quote

That's such a tiny niche (collecting M14 magazines) that first you'd have to find someone that does.

I might go $30 (a slight premium over current new Checkmate magazines) but I don't have climate controlled display cases of "collector" magazines.

Obviously he can put them on GunBroker but after fees & shipping...  Or get a table at a regional collectors show but after the table fee...
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's such a tiny niche (collecting M14 magazines) that first you'd have to find someone that does.

I might go $30 (a slight premium over current new Checkmate magazines) but I don't have climate controlled display cases of "collector" magazines.

Obviously he can put them on GunBroker but after fees & shipping...  Or get a table at a regional collectors show but after the table fee...
View Quote

I would estimate closer to $30-35 for genuine USGI surplus mags in very good condition.   I don’t see a big time collector interest either.  There are guys that prefer the old USGI as known good quality.   The downside there are counterfeits with copied USGI markings.   I think the most common in the day was Westinghouse marked mags but Borg Warner were cloned too iirc.

You may get more targeted responses in the Armory, M1/M14 section as you are posting in the AR15 magazine forum.

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I wasn't sure where the best place to post was.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]
NOT AR-15 magazines, NOT the EE
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top