User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have Colt, Glock and Scorpion mag lowers from 7 different manufacturers.  Some worked 100% from the start and some took some work to get 100%. To me the most important part is the feed ram and angle. Colt and Scorpion have feed rams built into the receiver so helps feeding.  The Glocks do not.  I would suggest a barrel that has a feed ramp built in similar to Taccom or Macon Armory and there are others.  I have a couple of barrels that have circular feed rams and they give low reliability.  On the shelf for now until I get modified.  If you want LRBHO - that is a whole other discussion - LOL

I am a retired tinker so having a gun to make 100% is a fun challenge.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Colt/Uzi magazines. My dedicated CMMG Colt style lower has been very reliable for me. I am using a CMMG bolt and Rock River Arms 9mm barrel. I have only used Metalform magazines since they have been 100% reliable for me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I used a Double Diamond lower and a Spikes upper for mine.  So far it has been basically trouble free.  I am using a H2 buffer and carbine spring but I would like to experiment with  a hydraulic type buffer to try and soften it up a bit.  I just tried my Rex MG7 suppressor on it and it seem to work well.  I don't have a Glock and I really liked the look of a dedicated lower so I went with the Colt pattern mags.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:Personally I prefer Colt, as I prefer metal mags......
View Quote

I'm with you there!
All 4 of my Colt-mag builds have been utterly reliable.
I prefer Brownells' Colt pattern magazines. Excellent stuff.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You and 44-40Pro have said New Frontier Armory, I haven't looked at these yet.  
44-40Pro, I really like the side charger option....I have a Gibbz Side Charger for a 6.5 Grendel I built from scratch.
-KTC
View Quote

I ordered a new Frontier Armory side charging upper for the C5 lower. I'm building it with a 4" match barrel, an 8" Form 1 suppressor, Midwest Industries 9.25" SP handguard, and A3 tactical "grenade" grip. I also have a Foxtrot Mike 7.5" forward charging upper for my 3rd build. The side charging feature on a short weapon feels more fluid and natural to operate than a standard rear charging handle (IMO).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top