Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2020 9:35:43 PM EDT
Just noticed primary arms has these billet receivers, anybody have any experience or reviews on this product
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for info
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere on these either.

Anyone have any luck on finding reviews?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Was wondering about these.  Saw one that has an integrated folder built into it.  I read that this company helped design the shield 15rd glock mags, but couldnt confirm that

https://www.primaryarms.com/17-design-integrated-folding-ar-15-lower-receiver

Maybe @MARSH1 can offer some insight
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve recently found these guys. No info on them other than.  They’re  local to me and seem to make a nice looking product.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]
No idea on the billet lower, but I snagged one of their forged ones for funzies since PA is local to me.

I pick it up in a few weeks and I’ll report back on it’s quality.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I just received my 17 D lower. I got the billet without the folding stock. Seems well made. Looks good.

They took some of design ideas from the Aero M4E1. I'll sight it in when my scope arrives and report back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was wondering about these.  Saw one that has an integrated folder built into it.  I read that this company helped design the shield 15rd glock mags, but couldnt confirm that

https://www.primaryarms.com/17-design-integrated-folding-ar-15-lower-receiver

Maybe @MARSH1 can offer some insight
View Quote
They do claim responsibility on their website for the 15rd Glock 48 Mags.  I just got one of their integrated folder lowers and put it together yesterday.  Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.  The rear takedown pin detent necessarily loads under the grip next to the safety detent, not behind the end plate.  They also use a screw-in pin instead of a role pin for the bolt catch.  The trigger guard is an integrated MOE-style guard.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They do claim responsibility on their website for the 15rd Glock 48 Mags.  I just got one of their integrated folder lowers and put it together yesterday.  Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.  The rear takedown pin detent necessarily loads under the grip next to the safety detent, not behind the end plate.  They also use a screw-in pin instead of a role pin for the bolt catch.  The trigger guard is an integrated MOE-style guard.
View Quote
The B.A.D. Lever doesn't work well on it, by the way.  The magwell is thicker in that area and interferes with the lever.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered the folding lower today from PA.

Will touch base again when it arrives.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve got a couple forged on the way.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've recently found these guys. No info on them other than.  They're  local to me and seem to make a nice looking product.
View Quote
H&H had some of their lowers for sale if you want to see one in person.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
H&H had some of their lowers for sale if you want to see one in person.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll take a look this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look this weekend.
View Quote
17 Design's shop is like a block away from H&H. Doesn't look like they want retail traffic though. There was a sign about salesmen by appointment only.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up one of their forged lowers. I haven't had the chance to complete the build yet but it passed my quality control. I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Machining was good, anodizing was good. And it matched up to my stripped M4E1 upper like they were machined as a receiver set. A much needed new player to the game right now!
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I got to fondle my receivers yesterday at the ffl. Unfortunately I got delayed

The roll marks are crisp and clear. The finish looks great.  It looks very nice. I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I’ll report back on fit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I picked up one of these from Brownells and got it today. I was looking at Law Tactical folders but this just seemed perfect since your paying the same except you get a free lower and its 3/4" shorter then using the LAW hinge. I had 4 concerns after looking at reviews, the light roll marks, soft buffer spring detents, marring on the buffer-BCG face after use and whether the hinge stays folded. I am happy to say none of them are concerns at this point although i have not assembled it yet so fitting issues may creep up. The roll marks look great. Easily read although this was a very minor "concern" if you even want to call it that. The buffer detents looks like they went to a stainless detent so that should be GTG. The marring that was happening on the buffer looks like it was addressed. Instead of the whole buffer body being aluminum they have a stainless cap or insert on it now that contacts the BCG. I have not weighed the buffer so i have no idea if it went up or how much. I was actually surprised to see the updates since my lowers serial is under 35 so not many of these out there yet. Good to see they are updating it. Last thing was the stock staying folded. Looks like they have delrin washers on each side of the hinge giving it some resistance so it stays in place for the most part. We will see how long it stays like that. They put what looks like a detent groove in the hinge i only wish they had added a detent to positively hold the stock in the folded pos. Otherwise I like this alot.  Finish is on par with my Aero M4E1 and POF lowers. As long as i have no fitting issues i will be getting another rather then mess with LAW folders. Same price but free lower. Really shows how overpriced LAW hinges are.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Some gratuitous beauty shots....lol. With a can stuck in the brace loop and detachable barrel on the other side and mag in the middle it's going to be a compact package.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
For the people interested in the weight, the forged lower comes in at 8.4oz and the billet comes in at 8.8oz according to my scale.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I got a chance to weigh the new style buffer on the folder receiver. It weighs 4.44oz so its just under an H2 buffer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top