Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2018 3:17:17 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I have a Mega build with a BA Midlength 308 build and it seems to be grossly overgassed.  I'm running a Slash Extra Heavy buffer, but it still isn't working so hot.  I'm sure it's because the 16" Middy has too much gas coming back.

I have an SR25 EMC with a 16" rifle gas system that runs fantastically and I'd like to get this type of barrel for my Mega build.

Who makes one for purchase, and can I have them pin a gas block to it at the factory?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Rainier Arms.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Blackhole Weaponry will make you one. It's not on the website, but I had them custom make a couple and they work great. Very soft shooting.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody actually shooting that ADM barrel? How does it run?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
AIM had some BA barrels for a good price. Also, the Aktiv buffers will help tame a lot of the gas and recoil issues. Not finicky like adjustable systems. I've been replacing all my "dead" buffers with them. Be ready to wait a couple weeks, they get a fair number of orders and the owner refuses to cut corners on production.  Damn buffers are actually visual and functional works of art.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

I have a Mega build with a BA Midlength 308 build and it seems to be grossly overgassed.  I'm running a Slash Extra Heavy buffer, but it still isn't working so hot.  I'm sure it's because the 16" Middy has too much gas coming back.

I have an SR25 EMC with a 16" rifle gas system that runs fantastically and I'd like to get this type of barrel for my Mega build.

Who makes one for purchase, and can I have them pin a gas block to it at the factory?

Thanks!
View Quote
A rifle length 16" in 308 is a little tough to come by, yes, they are out there but not at market price like what we currently see in the AR barrel world.  The 308 AR is overgassed regardless of mid or rifle length, just by virtue of close to double the case powder capacity.  Unless you run a custom drilled gas port, an adjustable gas block is the way to tune the 308.  I have been running a 16" mega barrel with mid length gas system+adj gas block along with JP LMOS and Lancer Nitrous brake.  Smooth operation without any extraction issue.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]
What set screw gas blocks would u guys recommend?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Criterion have an amazing 16 inch 308 barrel, good price and very precise
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#10]
CMMG makes one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
This barrel is made by Criterion, who make fantastic, hand lapped, nitrided AR barrels.

FYI Dvor (which some people hate) often has crazy sales on Criterion barrels. Their hybrid contour barrels are terrific.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 for the Criterion barrel. I am in the process of building my own 16 inch .308 and am using the hybrid contour criterion barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top