Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2022 5:04:18 AM EDT
I am trying to build a 13.9 pin and weld build that is suppressed. I wanna know if these parts will work together? I dont know if it will be 16 inches overall, and I dont know if the suppressor will make contact with the hand guard? Thanks.

Option 1:
Midwest Combat Rail(13.375")
Ballistic Advantage Barrel(13.9")
Dead Air Muzzle Brake(2.6")
Dead Air Sandman K Suppressor(5.4")

Option 2:
Midwest Combat Rail(13.375")
Ballistic Advantage Barrel(13.9")
Surefire SOCOM Muzzle Brake(2.6")
Surefire Mini 2 Suppressor(5")
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Either will be real close on length, depending on how far the tenon is threaded on the barrel.  13.9+2.6-.625=15.875, so would need a little help getting there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I can speak to the Mini (get this one, it is awesome) and it will be close, but as long is it is those dims exactly, you will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Question 1:
Barrel Length(13.9")+Muzzle Length(2.6")-Thread Length(.625")=15.875"
Shims or Crush Washer? Demensions of Shims and Crush Washers?

Question 2:
Barrel Length(13.9")-Thread Length(.625")-Handguard Length(13.375")=  -0.1"
If my math is correct, the handgaurd will cover 0.1" of the threads. Do the suppressors sit flush with the muzzle devices I mentioned in my previous post? Do they extend past the muzzle device toward the barrel, or do they retract toward the port of the muzzle? I hope this make sense. If I have to shim or extend the muzzle device, then this question doesn't really matter too much. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question 1:
Barrel Length(13.9")+Muzzle Length(2.6")-Thread Length(.625")=15.875"
Shims or Crush Washer? Demensions of Shims and Crush Washers?

Question 2:
Barrel Length(13.9")-Thread Length(.625")-Handguard Length(13.375")=  -0.1"
If my math is correct, the handgaurd will cover 0.1" of the threads. Do the suppressors sit flush with the muzzle devices I mentioned in my previous post? Do they extend past the muzzle device toward the barrel, or do they retract toward the port of the muzzle? I hope this make sense. If I have to shim or extend the muzzle device, then this question doesn't really matter too much. Thanks
View Quote

Q 1:  Shims > crush washer for suppressor mount.  How many will depend on how they measured the barrel and how long the tenon.

Q 2:  There is no common spec for suppressors so you won't know until you get it together, unless someone here already has your handguard/barrel/suppressor/flash hider combo.  There is a lot at play here.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am trying to build a 13.9 pin and weld build that is suppressed. I wanna know if these parts will work together?
View Quote

Quoted:

Shims or Crush Washer?
View Quote

Crush washers and cans do not play nice together.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out the SOLGW NOX mount (for Dead Air can) or Surefire Warcomp mount (for Surefire can); either one will get you to 16" pinned and welded without shims or spacers.

The SOLGW mount will also be long enough with a 13.7" barrel, which will give you a few more barrel options than trying to source a 13.9".

Can't personally say if the Warcomp + 13.7" will make it to 16", but it should be very close.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Expo-Forward Controls Keymo muzzle brake is 2.7” and they claim it reaches 16” OAL with a 13.9 Bbl.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I used a 13.9 Ballistic Advantage barrel, Midwest Industries Combat Rail (13.365), and a Surefire 3 Prong Warcomp. The Warcomp has a slightly longer thread shoulder than the Surefire standard 3 prong or muzzle brake. I have been using mine on a Form 1 lower, but will get it pinned here in the near future. I have measured the overall length and it is 16 and 1/16th inches. I used the proper amount of shims to time the Warcomp in the neutral position, which probably gave me the extra 0.00whatever to get it to a legal length once pinned and welded. If you're in the market or have already purchased a Surefire suppressor, then that is your best option. If you haven't committed to a suppressor yet, then I would recommend the SOLGW NOX muzzle device, since it is plenty long and will give you approximately a 16.25 inch overall length. I did get a 13.7 inch barrel to 16.1 inches, but I sent the barrel and Warcomp off to Retro Arms Works and had John Thomas make me a custom spacer, install the Warcomp, then pin and weld it. John does excellent work and I will send my 13.9 off to him for the pin/weld job.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]
13.9 Criterion Core and pinned Surefire Warcomp got my build over 16"
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I for one feel bad for you that you have to go thru this ridiculous barrel length thing so you don't have to be labeled a felon. It's just utter horseshit.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top