Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2018 8:25:14 PM EDT
Do 10mm DI builds use the ejector in the lower, or the standard one in the bolt face?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do 10mm DI builds use the ejector in the lower, or the standard one in the bolt face?
View Quote

No, they use the ejector in the bolt. The ejector in the lower has to be removed otherwise the bcg will not go in.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, they use the ejector in the bolt. The ejector in the lower has to be removed otherwise the bcg will not go in.
View Quote
Correct, Built one recently it's fun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies - the project has now started!
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I would think a 6.8 spc bolt/extractor is used but I could be wrong?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is a good starting point.....but it must be extensively modified......bolt and carrier......
View Quote
What sort of modifications?

Project is now moving forward... We have imported a lower, made a barrel & have a 6.8SPC BCG. Without the ejector in the bolt it feeds fro the mag ok, but with the ejector fitted the round won't chamber...
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What sort of modifications?

Project is now moving forward... We have imported a lower, made a barrel & have a 6.8SPC BCG. Without the ejector in the bolt it feeds fro the mag ok, but with the ejector fitted the round won't chamber...
View Quote
If Rudy doesn't chime in. maybe try and find a 6.8 spc case and compare the web diameter/extractor cutouts between the two cartridges and remove material accordingly from the extractor?

ETA: oh wait, ejector is causing the issue? hmm got me....
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#9]
We have some Sierra 180gr JHP bullets at the moment - we've got nothing to compare yet, so should they be feeding ok?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We have some Sierra 180gr JHP bullets at the moment - we've got nothing to compare yet, so should they be feeding ok?
View Quote
can you drop a round into the chamber and close the bolt on it? (have you tried it with a stripped bolt? ie. no ejector or extractor)

what is your headspace set at?(should be ~.003")

did you machine a taper into the breech end of the barrel to help with feeding? (polishing and a slight radius helps a lot)

Have you done any feed ramp modifications?

What lower/mags is it feeding from? (center feed or stagger feed will dictate what kind of feed ramp mods are necessary)

Lots of variables to consider.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Much of the problem you are experiencing can still be extractor related......and lower related.....I have seen people bevel the ejector to supposedly correct the problem....but once you have everything right....it isn't necessary. Post a list of the components you are using , by brand if possible......and need to see some pictured of the breech of the barrel, the feed ramp of the extension and the bolt face with extractor installed. Definitely need to know what lower you are using. Here is the problem with 10mm......and why I have 5 years invested in one that I can go out and shoot 500+ rounds without a malfunction.....if you get the mag positioned properly to feed.....then the bolt and carrier won't fit between the feed lips. Shoot me an email....
[email protected]
View Quote
Thanks very much for the replies.

Its an Angstadt Arms 1045 lower, Daniel Defense 6.8SPC BCG, barrel turned here from a Walther blank. Mark Bradley (Bradders on here) is doing the machining - so he'll send you some pictures direct...
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
sounds good....Are y'all in Great Britian?
View Quote
Yes - around the edge of London.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I see the flag...just confirming :-)
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I see the flag...just confirming :-)
View Quote
Did you get the pictures ok?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just checked all 4 email accounts....didin't see them....what email did you send from so I can search?
View Quote
Just forwarded it to the e-mail in your post above...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

can you drop a round into the chamber and close the bolt on it? (have you tried it with a stripped bolt? ie. no ejector or extractor)

what is your headspace set at?(should be ~.003")

did you machine a taper into the breech end of the barrel to help with feeding? (polishing and a slight radius helps a lot)

Have you done any feed ramp modifications?

What lower/mags is it feeding from? (center feed or stagger feed will dictate what kind of feed ramp mods are necessary)

Lots of variables to consider.
View Quote
Rounds chamber manually & bolt closes ok & extracts/eject ok - its only feeding from the mag that has the issue...

The lower uses Glock mags, so is centre feeding - we've tried some feed ramp mods on the barrel extension without success, but we're working a bit blind!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top