Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2023 6:15:04 PM EDT
Anyone know where to find a 10.5" pencil barrel with FSB already installed?

I would like to finish my retro builds.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Doublstar / JT Dist. lists them, but they're always OOS. I found a pencil barrel on GB and had John Thomas trim it down for a 177E1 build. Shoots great.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells has 10.3 ones in stock but are F marked, so not completely correct. Wish I could find one that is 100% correct but looks like you might have to buy the parts separate and send it somewhere to put everything together.

Edit: looks like it's got a govt profile barrel
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You might want to double check with Brownells about the 10.3”.

It’s my understanding that they now come with non-F marked front sight and no bayonet lug.

The 12.7 and 11.5 I got from them were non-F sights and no bayo lugs. (Though I do see the site now says non-f for those two barrels)
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I used the Bushmaster Superlight .625 barrels and sent them to John Thomas to be chopped and FSB shaved. Your probably going to need to go a similar route if you want to get them finished in the next decade because chances of you finding exactly what you need in factory configuration will take forever.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top