Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2021 3:49:12 PM EDT
Hey guys, can someone refer me to anything that is 10" to 11" length type of handguards that have no pic rails?
But continuous M-Lok around, like Quantum by Aero Precision

Aero's is perfect, but it comes only in 9" or 12", I am building 10.5, and I will have PWS CQB comp on the end, and it will either submerge it too much like on 12", end of PWS CQB on 10.5" pistol I am building will submerge it completely. I measured.

And 9" will have that PWS CQB comp awkwardly hanging up front.

The reason why I want either partially submerge that PWS comp is because I will be grabbing handguard around 10" mark, I have long arms.
I know ALG Defense made those rails, but now they are discontinued. Unless someone knows where they still sell them.

Quantum by Aero is exactly like what I need. I will have rubber rails around.

Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
You're in the same boat I was.  Spent 3+ months searching for an ALG V1, finally found one thru a "wanted" ad on the EE. Used an Aero Quantum in the meantime, but the ALG is so much nicer in-hand.  Too bad they're discontinued. Given your constraints, the pickins are VERY slim, but it's possible.

If cost no issue, Faxon Streamline Carbon Fiber is the only one I'm aware of that meets all your constraints, in current production, in-stock at a few places:

If you can do some minor "gunsmithing" (cut one down to size w/hacksaw or dremel) a couple of more (far cheaper) options are:

Odin Works Rune - 12.4" might be cut to @10.4" midline.

Used ALG V1 - 10" if ya can find one, 12" can be cut to 10", 13" can be cut to 11".

ALG are nice in that regard, not having "staggered" M-Lok slots.  Keep an eye out on the EE, they do pop up occasionally.

Otherwise, if you can live w/short pic rails up front for BUIS, more options open up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're in the same boat I was.  Spent 3+ months searching for an ALG V1, finally found one thru a "wanted" ad on the EE. Used an Aero Quantum in the meantime, but the ALG is so much nicer in-hand.  Too bad they're discontinued. Given your constraints, the pickins are VERY slim, but it's possible.

If cost no issue, Faxon Streamline Carbon Fiber is the only one I'm aware of that meets all your constraints, in current production, in-stock at a few places:

If you can do some minor "gunsmithing" (cut one down to size w/hacksaw or dremel) a couple of more (far cheaper) options are:

Odin Works Rune - 12.4" might be cut to @10.4" midline.

Used ALG V1 - 10" if ya can find one, 12" can be cut to 10", 13" can be cut to 11".

ALG are nice in that regard, not having "staggered" M-Lok slots.  Keep an eye out on the EE, they do pop up occasionally.

Otherwise, if you can live w/short pic rails up front for BUIS, more options open up.
View Quote

Hey! Thanks!

Have you seen same type of handguards in 11" ? Those I can't find at all. That pic rail is usually in a bad place on 11" as well. Because they tend to do like 2" of pic rails usually, or even more.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey! Thanks!

Have you seen same type of handguards in 11" ? Those I can't find at all. That pic rail is usually in a bad place on 11" as well. Because they tend to do like 2" of pic rails usually, or even more.
View Quote

Part 1 of 2 (forum won't let me post it all-in-one)

11" w/short pic for sights? Only 2 that I know of:

Strike Industries GRIDLOK
Strike Industries GRIDLOK LITE

There are very few handguards at all in the 10-11" range.  Seems that most manufacturers skip over the range from 9.5 to 12" (leaving 10.3/5 11.3/5 barrels in the lurch), particularly in the non-full-length pic rail variety.

In "pic-less" 10" that can be bought today:

Faxon Carbon Fiber (link above)
Battle Arms Carbon Fiber
ALG EMR V0x (not M-Lok, discontinued but still available at ALG, get one while you can).

Link Posted: 11/1/2021 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Part 2 of 2

In "partial-pic" (short pic up front, short pic at the rear) 10"

ALG EMR V2x (Purple only, discontinued but still in-stock, get one while you can).
Strike Industries Strike Rail
Leapers UTG PRO Forerunner
Presma AR-15 Split-Top
Iron City Rifle
Rise Armament RA-905
SLR Rifleworks ION Ultra Lite 10.7"

There may be others, but that's all I had kept track of for my choices.  Some are out-of-stock at certain vendors, so you'd have to shop around to find one you like.

IMHO, and for my purposes, the ALG EMR series is ideal.  I hope someone else can step in and fill the void left by ALG bowing out.

Keep an eye out on the EE, and/or post a wanted ad, for ALG, they do show up occasionally.  That's how I got 3 of my 4 ALGs: 1 by posting a WTB ad, 2 by jumping on a WTS ad, and the 4th one from ALG direct (got the last V1x they had, Purple only, must get painted!).

Don't scoff at a 13" ALG, they can be cut cleanly to 11", and a 12" can be cut cleanly to 10".

Good luck hunting!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top