Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2020 11:18:52 PM EDT

Does anyone make a quick adjust sling that is 1.25inch wide other than the Blue force stuff?

Everything else seems to have 1 inch webbing.

Also does anyone have a source for the type of material BFG uses? It feels like canvas not nylon but the hell if I know.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I buy usgi surplus slings. They are 1.25 and easily adjustable. They are made from heavy webbing, and cheap..usually $10 bucks tops. Iv got a dozen of them at least.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I buy usgi surplus slings. They are 1.25 and easily adjustable. They are made from heavy webbing, and cheap..usually $10 bucks tops. Iv got a dozen of them at least.
View Quote

Similar, and cheap.

1-1/4" sling
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, Magpul does.  It is quick adjust but you adjust with the buckle itself instead of just yanking on a strap.  Start with the MS1 and then look at the others depending on what attachment options you want.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I make my own 1" and 1.25" slings with mat'ls from Strapworks, Eugene, OR. I make simple slings out of strong and soft nylon for a few bucks each. Polyester is almost as soft but is avail. in many, many colors and camo patterns.

hyrax222
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I make my own 1" and 1.25" slings with mat'ls from Strapworks, Eugene, OR. I make simple slings out of strong and soft nylon for a few bucks each. Polyester is almost as soft but is avail. in many, many colors and camo patterns.

hyrax222
View Quote
@hyrax222

How many feet of webbing do you typically use for a single sling?

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Similar, and cheap.

1-1/4" sling
View Quote

Currently run this, adjustable and I've put it through the ringer. Working like a champ
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Is Redi-Mag still a going concern?  That's who I was going to grab one from for a cheapo...
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Magpul RLS dling…

Link Posted: 8/23/2021 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Why would you want a sling other than BFG Vickers?

Fyi Magpul slings suck
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why would you want a sling other than BFG Vickers?

Fyi Magpul slings suck
View Quote

Citizen Gear is the way
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top